iPhone Repair Experiences

brotherother

If you take it to the Apple repair center in Central Airport Plaza, you will pay a king's ransom, and have to wait several days. But... you will get a genuine Apple never-used-before battery. If I remember correctly, they were asking 2,500 baht to change the battery in my iPhone.

So I went to one of those ubiquitous phone kiosks that fill the various hallways and corridors and had it changed for about 250 baht. But... the battery was a reconditioned one. Still, in all, it worked perfectly, and lasted another few years.

When I bought my iPhone 6s (used,) I went on-line and bought a new never-used battery to keep on hand. Now, when my phone needs it, I'll take it to a kiosk, and ask them to change it, offering 150-200 baht for the five-minute job. Money well spent.

Phone repair kiosks in Central Festival. 1000 baht for new non-apple branded battery. Takes 5-10 minutes.

Not sure about the charging port but I know mine wasn't working until I took a safety pin and carefully picked out all the lint that had accumulated inside it after a couple of years in my pocket. Maybe give that a try first?

Archived