Trump says he is seriously looking at ending birthright citizenship

webfact

1 hour ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Nonsense.  Their father is a citizen of the united States of America.  Get your "facts" straight.

Are you sure? I think that he should produce his birth certificate. There are roumours that his mother dropped him in Scotland. others say that he was born in Canada.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hoping for third world status?

You know I don’t particularly like Trump either but he has done some good and yes some bad as well and he talks to much before thinking about what he’s saying first and then suddenly it becomes policy like the border wall lol. But seriously the hatred of him is horrible I know he does bring some of it on himself but I’ve never seen a United States President so hated by the media as Trump ever in my life time. And that’s probably because he really isn’t a very likable guy but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a bad guy or a racist. I’m in the middle politically I’m a moderate when it comes to politics in fact I can’t stand politics at all it drives me nuts trying to rationalize some of these things we hear on the news and things I’ve actually been involved in over the past 30 years or so. But I really don’t hate him at all I don’t necessarily like him particularly but I respect him as my elected president just like I respected Obama and all of our presidents in my life time including Bush and Clinton. Obama was just more likable even I liked him even though I totally disagreed with most of his policies not all of them but quite a few of them. But everyone is entitled to their opinion more so if you’re an American citizen who can vote in our elections.

1 minute ago, Mel52 said:

You know I don’t particularly like Trump either but he has done some good and yes some bad as well and he talks to much before thinking about what he’s saying first and then suddenly it becomes policy like the border wall lol. But seriously the hatred of him is horrible I know he does bring some of it on himself but I’ve never seen a United States President so hated by the media as Trump ever in my life time. And that’s probably because he really isn’t a very likable guy but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a bad guy or a racist. I’m in the middle politically I’m a moderate when it comes to politics in fact I can’t stand politics at all it drives me nuts trying to rationalize some of these things we hear on the news and things I’ve actually been involved in over the past 30 years or so. But I really don’t hate him at all I don’t necessarily like him particularly but I respect him as my elected president just like I respected Obama and all of our presidents in my life time including Bush and Clinton. Obama was just more likable even I liked him even though I totally disagreed with most of his policies not all of them but quite a few of them. But everyone is entitled to their opinion more so if you’re an American citizen who can vote in our elections.

Do you recall the "investigation" that Donald Trump led about Obama's birth certificate. At one time over half of Republicans believed that Obama wasn't born in the USA and was ineligible to be President. So please stop with how Trump is being uniquely vilified. 

And you don't think that a person who uses such hateful language might be somewhat responsible for being hated?

And as for you being "moderate" whatever that means... yet you "totally disagreed with most of his [Obama's] policies not all of them but quite a few of them." Sounds to me you're quite politically conservative and you're happy with most of Trump's achievements such as they are.

11 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Are you sure? I think that he should produce his birth certificate. There are roumours that his mother dropped him in Scotland. others say that he was born in Canada.

You don't seem to get it. It doesn't matter where they were born their father is a US citizen.

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

You don't seem to get it. It doesn't matter where they were born their father is a US citizen.

I get it. According to Trump it doesn't count if your mother is a US citizen. It has to be the father. Is that the legal theory you subscribe to as well?

not to give automatic citizenship to children born from illegal immigrants is a no-brainer.

children from non-citizens staying legally should have to actively apply for citizenship when they are 21 years old and meet a number of criteria, such as for example speaking English well enough and no serious crimes in their criminal record.

2 minutes ago, tgw said:

not to give automatic citizenship to children born from illegal immigrants is a no-brainer.

children from non-citizens staying legally should have to actively apply for citizenship when they are 21 years old and meet a number of criteria, such as for example speaking English well enough and no serious crimes in their criminal record.

Not understanding the Constitution governs this issue is another kind of no brainer.

Do you recall the "investigation" that Donald Trump led about Obama's birth certificate. At one time over half of Republicans believed that Obama wasn't born in the USA and was ineligible to be President. So please stop with how Trump is being uniquely vilified. 

And you don't think that a person who uses such hateful language might be somewhat responsible for being hated?

And as for you being "moderate" whatever that means... yet you "totally disagreed with most of his [Obama's] policies not all of them but quite a few of them." Sounds to me you're quite politically conservative and you're happy with most of Trump's achievements such as they are.

Actually I’m neither a conservative or a liberal I think both sides have some good ideas and both sides have some really bad ideas as well but yeah ok thanks for your insight lol. If you knew me in person well I don’t know.

5 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

Actually I’m neither a conservative or a liberal I think both sides have some good ideas and both sides have some really bad ideas as well but yeah ok thanks for your insight lol. If you knew me in person well I don’t know.

Thanks for the specificity.

16 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

And yeah I totally understand why we have to have the immigration rules in the United States but I’m just saying that we shouldn’t go overboard with them. A lot of people complain about immigration here in Thailand but it’s really not that bad or hard to stay here. But I get what you mean and I agree with you to an extent.

I'm on board with your outlook re: Trump - don't like how he comports himself or all that he does but, in broad strokes, support the various objectives on Immigration.

To my ear, doing away with 14th Ammendment isn't going overboard at all.  Be like someone crawling into your house at night through an open window, without your consent or knowledge.  They give birth to a kid in the bedroom. You discover all this the next morning, but by law, the kid, and the parents, are now your houseguests for life.

The tail is definitely wagging the dog on this one, although I'm sure it made sense in the 1860s, as the country was re-building after a bloody civil war.

I don’t know maybe I’m more of an Independent or possibly even a Libertarian I don’t really affiliate myself with politics I just believe in common sense and right and wrong.

Libertarians and Independents don't take specific stands on issues? And Libertarian would hardly qualify as "moderate" in American politics.

Libertarians and Independents don't take specific stands on issues? And Libertarian would hardly qualify as "moderate" in American politics.

Yeah like I said I’m not a political guy I was just brainstorming what kind of politics I believe in I said might be.

I'm on board with your outlook re: Trump - don't like how he comports himself or all that he does but, in broad strokes, support the various objectives on Immigration.

To my ear, doing away with 14th Ammendment isn't going overboard at all.  Be like someone crawling into your house at night through an open window, without your consent or knowledge.  They give birth to a kid in the bedroom. You discover all this the next morning, but by law, the kid, and the parents, are now your houseguests for life.

The tail is definitely wagging the dog on this one, although I'm sure it made sense in the 1860s, as the country was re-building after a bloody civil war.

Yeah well we should do the best we can for everyone whenever possible I totally understand we can’t let everyone in America just like Thailand can’t let everyone in.

Honestly I’m gonna bow out of these political discussions because they often get me in trouble lol emoji38.png

Even though my opinion is actually very moderate

Just about anything else one does other than participating in this forum is going to be better for you and more useful. Sometimes I vist other forums where carpenters and steel workers are talking about stuff they actually have some useful experience with. And give very useful advice. This forum is a wasteland compared to that. Good luck!

Just now, Mel52 said:

Honestly I’m gonna bow out of these political discussions because they often get me in trouble lol emoji38.png

Even though my political opinions are actually very moderate

Same.  And that's a shame sensible, balanced people evacuate, leaving the field to the two extremes.  Which is exactly what they want.  Bummer.    Take care.///

But I really don’t appreciate the hatred of our president whether you like him or not he’s still our elected President and I also often see on here an extreme hatred of America and Americans as well as a lot of extremists views. So sometimes it’s best for me to just ignore these discussions so I don’t get sucked into an argument or an emotional response. Because there are a lot of people on this forum who just love to bait people like me into dumb arguments and emotional responses. So I ought to just stay out of some of these discussions. It’s not like I’m gonna change anyone’s mind or whatever is in their heart especially if it’s hatred in their hearts. And I don’t mean this comment about anyone in specific on this topic but I haven’t read all of the posts and I probably don’t want to lol [emoji38]. I don’t hate anyone because it’s just not good for you inside hatred will just burn you up inside and life’s to short for that.

Same.  And that's a shame sensible, balanced people evacuate, leaving the field to the two extremes.  Which is exactly what they want.  Bummer.    Take care.///

Yup, that’s exactly what they want which is why I can’t help but speak up sometimes.

Just about anything else one does other than participating in this forum is going to be better for you and more useful. Sometimes I vist other forums where carpenters and steel workers are talking about stuff they actually have some useful experience with. And give very useful advice. This forum is a wasteland compared to that. Good luck!

I mostly just use this forum for local information and any new changes. There’s one individual on this forum in particular who is a very smart guy who I often take advice from about immigration stuff and it’s very useful information to.

52 minutes ago, tgw said:

Why do you think that Americans who are born and have lived in the U.S. for 21 years should be less entitled to citizenship than those others who are also born and have lived in the U.S. for 21 years? 

If you believe that speaking English well enough and having no serious criminal record should be applied to the first group, why not the second?

Would you like to have seen those criteria applied to the less recent immigrants (legal or otherwise?)

13 minutes ago, Slip said:

Why do you think that Americans who are born and have lived in the U.S. for 21 years should be less entitled to citizenship than those others who are also born and have lived in the U.S. for 21 years? 

If you believe that speaking English well enough and having no serious criminal record should be applied to the first group, why not the second?

Would you like to have seen those criteria applied to the less recent immigrants (legal or otherwise?)

ummm.... your post is nonsense  - would you please reformulate your questions?

1 minute ago, tgw said:

ummm.... your post is nonsense  - would you please reformulate your questions?

It really isn't.  You have to think a little harder.  But I will reformulate as you ask.  Why do you think it is ok to treat these two groups differently, when in terms of their actual situations there is no difference whatsoever?

No serious criminal record would have been a particular sore point for many immigrants through the ages.  Do you think that those criteria should have been applied to them?

Archived