TM30 or TM28 or both?

10 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Of course not, we were talking about TM28, not about TM30. As i suggested before, read more, post less, then you don't miss such details.

Just to add... The rubbish you post about local police office for whatever. Dates back to ancient times when there were very few imm offices. The law talks about report to police was in times of only few Providence had imm office. I think all do now.

17 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

If you move to another province you need to submit the TM28 to the local Immigration,because you change your address, and the TM30 has to be submitted for staying at the new address.

Actually the TM28 goes to the local police station, according to the law, it looks like immigration just wants this to be their job when it actually isn't.

You not only have to do this when you move to another province, but every time you stay at a different place for more than 24 hours (according to the law, in reality this isn't properly enforced)

18 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You can call it current address if you want,but if you have a yellow housebook, it's also your "permanent address". It has nothing to do with a PR visa.

The yellow house book is specifally for people who are in Thailand temporarily (that's what the official Thai texts regarding the yellow book say), how can these people ever have a "permanent address"? But it also doesn't matter, because yellow house book has nothing to do with immigration laws, these are two completely different things.

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So I move from bkk address to live in udon thani then I drop into cop shop for chin wag and file tm28. Possible?.

Happy to stand corrected.

Personally I would go to udon imm

Yes, that's what the law says. They might be confused because you might be the first person to ever show up with a TM28 there, but if you show them the law which clearly says that it's their responsibility, they will most likely give you the signature and you are good to go and in compliance with the law.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just to add... The rubbish you post about local police office for whatever. Dates back to ancient times when there were very few imm offices. The law talks about report to police was in times of only few Providence had imm office. I think all do now.

Immigration act section 37 (5) [this is TM47 = 90 day report] says immigration, sections (3) and (4) say local police station. If what you say were correct, then section (5) would also say local police station, but they don't, so your assumption is wrong.

Edited by jackdd

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Actually the TM28 goes to the local police station, according to the law, it looks like immigration just wants this to be their job when it actually isn't.

You not only have to do this when you move to another province, but every time you stay at a different place for more than 24 hours (according to the law, in reality this isn't properly enforced)

The yellow house book is specifally for people who are in Thailand temporarily (that's what the official Thai texts regarding the yellow book say), how can these people ever have a "permanent address"? But it also doesn't matter, because yellow house book has nothing to do with immigration laws, these are two completely different things.

Yes, that's what the law says. They might be confused because you might be the first person to ever show up with a TM28 there, but if you show them the law which clearly says that it's their responsibility, they will most likely give you the signature and you are good to go and in compliance with the law.

Stop with false advice. The " law" you quote is outdated. Seriously your embarrassing youself

Edited by DrJack54

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Do laws have a best before date? At which date did the law expire exactly?

I will attempt to explain ONE more time. Many years ago the rules re many things such as reporting and tm30 etc etc were difficult in Thailand as in those days only few Province had imm office.

Since those days now thinking every "sate" has imm office. So that's where you need to attend. Not police office. Got it now!

Edited by DrJack54

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So that's where you need to attend

Says who? You?

The written law has more relevance than you and also any IO, and it says local police station.

The only way to overrule the law would be Prayut using article 44 (afaik not possible anymore). So unless they change the immigration act it's the local police station where you are supposed to do your TM28, not the immigration office.

I agree that it's obsolescent, but it's still the current law.

Edited by jackdd
  • Haha 1

Is the power of attorney, used to report TM30 on owner’s behalf, valid for multiple TM30 reporting for same property?  Or is a new power of attorney required for each TM30 submitted?  Example; I traveled back to my home country.  Upon return to Thailand, can I use the same power of attorney as previous reporting or do I require a new power of attorney.  Thanks for any info provided.

• Like 1