Tourism minister orders study of Pattaya as model for 4am closing time

webfact

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Phiphat said the TAT would send officials to meet with operators of entertainment places to find out how much more foreign tourists would spend if the closing hours were delayed from 2 am to 4 am. The study will examine the ratio of increased spending by each foreign tourist per day, he added.

You think they're going to tell you the truth?

How ridiculous is this... no need for a study I can tell your the answer they will all give you right now:

6pm to 2am not a lot maybe 10%
2am to 4am we made 90%

we're all in favour of the extra 2 hours opening !

No need to study.....just ask anybody that has been here since the mid 90's, 24 hour opening across the board, far less problems because there was never any pressure to drink up at closing times, the binge drinking to beat the shutting time is a serious problem worldwide......no study required!

20 hours ago, NanLaew said:

"Your mission, should you chose to accept it, is to complete a study of the hundreds of Pattaya entertainment places and meet the thousands of owners in less than 5 days and report back with detailed, factual data to support the need for entertainment venues in "Phuket, Koh Samui, Krabi, Phang Nga, Hat Yai, Chiang Mai, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, and Bangkok" to stay open longer.

Good luck Jim Yutthasak"

Talk about Mission Impossible, eh?

You really could not make up the garbage that these politicians spout.

On 8/22/2019 at 4:53 PM, Beggar said:

No - this is official. Walking Street & Beach Road until 4. The rest until 2.

Why would the police willingly give up illicit income (I heard 300,000 from one club)?

They can't even apply the law of the land to taxi drivers in Pattaya.

9 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why would the police willingly give up illicit income (I heard 300,000 from one club)?

They can't even apply the law of the land to taxi drivers in Pattaya.

You have quite an axe to grind wrt Pattaya taxi drivers. It isn't so bad, I haggle with them and get a ride home. Beats Bangkok where they may or may not stop, may or may not let you in, may or may not switch on the meter, which might just spin like crazy because it has been fixed!

You can open till whatever time you want but I think Thailand's bar scene is finished whether you get it back I dont know lots of successful places to go around the world for guys who want to party all night, Cancun, Ibiza, Aya Napa Thailand cannot compete 

Archived