Video: Thai bus travels ‘sideways’ along north-east highway

webfact

Thai bus travels ‘sideways’ along north-east highway

By The Thaiger

Screen-Shot-2019-08-22-at-10.18.36.png

VIDEO: สุดจัดปลัดบอก ปลัดลาออกยังบอกว่าสุดจัด

A bus, making its way from Nakhon Ratchasima, to Udon Thani, has surprised the passengers in the car behind. They did what we all would do in these circumstances. Notify the police? No, post it on Facebook!

The bus was travelling, crab-like, slightly sideways, at reasonably high speed for many kilometres. The bus’s wheel alignment was well out of whack or something was loose. Either way, the bus was a danger for everyone on the road, and the passengers, as its journey was captured, making its way through Khon Kaen in north-east Thailand.

On a positive note, the passengers on the right hand side of the bus had a lovely view of the road ahead.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/north-east/thai-bus-travels-sideways-along-north-east-highway

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-08-22

Wouldn't you think that a competent professional driver would know and feel that something was wrong by the handling?                                                       Oops, did I just write that???

The rear axle is a skew, It's got to be a handful to drive like that!

A bus full of Thai's wouldn't want to insult anyone by saying anything, however if even just one farang on the bus, you can bet they're making sure everyone knows that something's wrong! PULL THIS %&*& BUS OVER!!!

9 minutes ago, PJPom said:

An unsafe bus driven at an unsafe speed by a unsafe driver, who will be held responsible for the inevitable crash, probably the wet road. T I T

Exactly my thought PJP , first sharp right hander and the driver can watch himself crash by looking in the right hand mirror .  I hope it does crash if only to hear the excuse , maybe my bus is bent . If you were standing by the roadside waiting for a bus you would think this one is about to run me down !

Fortunately from one of the posts it appears this driver was taken to DLT.  Whatever company owns this bus should be heavily fined and all his other vehicles should have to undergo a thorough inspection by competent authority.  Vehicles such as this bus are not only a death trap to the passengers but any other vehicles around them.  Could also have been two buses welded together with parts from previous crashes.

Looks like the rear axle attatchment has come adrift .. If its air-bag suspension as a lot of big buses are now link bars are required to control longitudinal and lateral movement of the axle while still allowing it to travel up and down .. If the fore and aft link bars break or become detatched there is nothing to control forward and rearward  movement of the axle resulting in the wheel base being shortened on one side or in the case of the lateral bar breaking serious misalignment of the rear wheels in relation to the front axle which then sends them crab like when going down the road .. 

26 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Looks like the rear axle attatchment has come adrift .. If its air-bag suspension as a lot of big buses are now link bars are required to control longitudinal and lateral movement of the axle while still allowing it to travel up and down .. If the fore and aft link bars break or become detatched there is nothing to control forward and rearward  movement of the axle resulting in the wheel base being shortened on one side or in the case of the lateral bar breaking serious misalignment of the rear wheels in relation to the front axle which then sends them crab like when going down the road .. 

Now having spelt it out, you've spoilt the fun.

51 minutes ago, Retfed50 said:

Same thing happened to are car of mine many many years ago. Couldn't tell by driving it. Didn't know about it until I was pulled over by a police officer. It turned out to be a broken rear leaf spring.

I find that hard to believe.  Controlling such a beast must be a yeoman's task.

Archived