Icelandic cyclist ends up in hospital after slamming into tow truck

webfact

Easy done, riding a bike at speed chances are at some stage you will hit the floor, I've had probably around 15 offs, but been cycling for years, so accept it is part of the game

Often a vehicle overtaking a cyclist before turning left, or pulling up on the left kerb, will grossly underestimate the speed of the cyclist causing the cyclist to brake hard or put in a risky manoeuvre, alternatively cyclist not quite up with the motorists actions, or distracted, travelling at speed, no time to  avoid and bang!

Hope the guy is back in saddle shortly

Well I used to bicycle when I lived in CM, but it was an electric city bike, very practical to get around the city.  The traffic was crazy but once you get used to it , riding on a bicycle was not too bad. But ride too fast and anything can happen.
I am happy I installed mirrors so I could follow the traffic behind me , I was almost hit by a truck from behind speeding too fast. they don't care about cyclists. Pay attention all the time.  

1 hour ago, balo said:

Well I used to bicycle when I lived in CM, but it was an electric city bike, very practical to get around the city.  The traffic was crazy but once you get used to it , riding on a bicycle was not too bad. But ride too fast and anything can happen.
I am happy I installed mirrors so I could follow the traffic behind me , I was almost hit by a truck from behind speeding too fast. they don't care about cyclists. Pay attention all the time.  

A little slightly off topic side note

It is a concern use of the new 'cool' electric bicycles sweeping through the UK, they are attracting people to cycling with limited previous experience, furthermore they can travel at a very rapid inappropriate speed for beginners, let alone experienced riders, - good luck with that, accidents waiting to happen!

This guy was under his own power and managed to inflict a bit of damage

Archived