Reversing camera

cheeryble

I am just buying a 2006 Honda jazz.

In the center of the console is a radio and a little compartment. See photo.

Anyone think it’s likelyI could get a reversing screen to fit this size?

Or perhaps a combined screen as on a modern car?

Second best I’ve seen interior reversing mirrors with a built-in screen. A any good? This would allow me to hook up the radio to my iPadAnd I could listen to podcasts.

IMG_7926.JPG.110d6b0598bbaf3866d7c1dfd59ee95d.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I was wondering if there Might be a standard size for the hole for the screen, same as there is a standard size for the hole for the radio.

Please excuse auto typing errors!

Ideally I’d like the guidelines to be on the reversing screen, most helpful

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

You should be able to remove the current one, plus the compartment, and fit something similar to that shown below.  Most allow input from a reverse camera, as well as a GPS (if wanted).  Any decent car audio shop can sell and fit one.

image.png.f388efb5872ace89da2c0fb663d35c2c.png

Thanks Ballpoint

I bumped into one of the regular walkers up Montathan hill yesterday.

I'd remembered he's a car dealer, and he was helpful pricing the Jazz I'm just buying last week.

Yesterday I thought about the screen and he said sure you can do it, recommended a place very near the station and got straight on the phone to the guy.

No problem he said Ive got Kenwood and Pioneer for about 5 to 6,000bt or cheaper models for 2-2500 plus about 1500 to supply and wire in the camera.

Reversing/GPS/thumb drive/radio/phone/bluetooth etc.

On looking in Lazada I see 7inch seems to be a standard screen size......presumably diagonal ......and presumably they'd design them so they can fit where a radio etc comes out.

So by raising my cost price for the car from 170k to 175k i get some very useful kit that makes it that much more like buying a new car.

Stay tuned I'll drop in there soon.

• 1 month later...

I dropped by the supplier I was recommended near the train station.
The Chinese one at 2500 plus 1000:camera all fitted looked good and I will fit as soon as I have two hours free.

BTW going for GPS is a big jump up in price.
I wonder if I get google maps up on my mobile if I can transfer the "moving car" and audio instructions up on the screen.

Kinda excited!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Archived