Sakon Nakon gold shop

Tagaa

Approximately 10 years ago, give or take, the closest Makro and Big -C to me were in Sakon Nakhon. On numerous trips there, I would stop at a gold shop named Tawan Gold Shop and buy gold bars. It was run by a very nice attractive lady, 30 something,  that spoke good English. I'm guessing her name was Tawan. I have one of her red cloth bags, but unlike most, her name, address and phone number are not on the bag. The only reason I know the name is that I wrote the name on the bag with a marker.

The reason I bought there was that she had a very low buy commission and said she would not charge ANY commission if, when I was ready to sell, I brought the bars back to her. To confirm that she actually sold the bars she made an extremely small TR stamp on the back side. It's so small that I usually need a magnifying glass to see it clearly. Something else unique to her shop was that she wrote the weight of the bars in very small numbers on the back of the bar. I have never seen any other gold shop do this.

Long story short, I'm ready to sell some, but I can't find her shop...at least on Google Earth. It was on a side soi off of the road that has 20 or so gold shops close to the bus station. My guess is that she moved. I had a Thai person look at all the gold shop signs on the gold shop road & none were called Tawan.

Is anyone familiar with her shop, possible new location and phone number?

Tagaa

Archived