Is all of Thailand polluted now?

Dolphin99

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes there is no where in Thailand where you can escape the filth. It is everywhere. In the air, the soil, the water, the food. All poisoned.

They deliberately spew out clouds of black diesel fumes out of their cars and trucks and buses. They let their cars and truck engines idle for hours so they can run the air conditioning.   

They are so thoughtless and inconsiderate as they make so much noise no one can sleep and have peace with the constant noise pollution. 

Thais are the most narcissistic, self centered, selfish and short sighted people in the world. They spend hours on their appearance and then drop their filth on the ground everywhere they go. Piles of beers bottles and plastic wrappers are markers of their last location where they squatted in the filth. Huge rats walk among food carts and the floors of restaurants. 

You can't go for a simple walk on the beach or in the mountains without being confronted by piles of garage. a apocalyptic landscape of out some dystopian science fiction film where all law and order has broken down. 

Huge clouds of smoke from forest and crops being deliberately burned, carcinogenic smoke from piles plastic being burned next to school and homes and hospitals. 

Crops are sprayed with toxic pesticides and the run off is in streams and creeks. They are feeding the oceans and are black with human waste. The odor of sewage hits you in the face as you walk down the street. Children wade through flood waters that are a toxic soup of fecal matter and chemicals.

Beautiful sea creatures choked and strangled in plastic. Coral reefs destroyed by greed. 

Have a nice night.

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

yes there is no where in Thailand where you can escape the filth. It is everywhere. In the air, the soil, the water, the food. All poisoned.

They deliberately spew out clouds of black diesel fumes out of their cars and trucks and buses. They let their cars and truck engines idle for hours so they can run the air conditioning.   

They are so thoughtless and inconsiderate as they make so much noise no one can sleep and have peace with the constant noise pollution. 

Thais are the most narcissistic, self centered, selfish and short sighted people in the world. They spend hours on their appearance and then drop their filth on the ground everywhere they go. Piles of beers bottles and plastic wrappers are markers of their last location where they squatted in the own filth. Huge rats walk among food carts and the floors of restaurants. 

You can't go for a simple walk on the beach or in the mountains without being confronted by piles of garage. a apocalyptic landscape of out some dystopian science fiction film where all law and order has broken down. 

Huge clouds of smoke from forest and crops being deliberately burned, carcinogenic smoke from piles plastic being burned next to school and homes and hospitals. 

Crops are sprayed with toxic pesticides and the run off is in streams and creeks. They are feeding the oceans and are black with human waste. The odor of sewage hits you in the face as you walk down the street. Children wade through flood waters that are a toxic soup of fecal matter and chemicals.

Have a nice night.

I sense some anger issues.  Perhaps I can teach you TM or Transcendental Meditation to smooth over your speed bumps.

1 minute ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

I sense some anger issues.  Perhaps I can teach you TM or Transcendental Meditation to smooth over your speed bumps.

wait I am not done.

The blue sky and sun blocked by a perpetual cloud of grey haze forcing people to wear masks so they can breath.

Tap water so filthy it can't be used for anything.

Trucks with loud speakers blasting noise at all hours of the day.

OK. I think that is it. Maybe.   

9 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Not sure about this one.  I use a 5 stage water filter, but now I'm concerned as to whether the water is fluoridated or not.  If it is, only a reverse-osmosis filter system will remove it.  

I never realized the problem was this bad until I started investigating places to live and maybe buy a condo.

I am a bit sad, but I suppose I will look elsewhere.  they could have made so much more money if they had simply protected themselves from heavy metals poisoning...

11 hours ago, Onrai said:

All Asian countries are not equally polluted. Go to Otres Beach in Cambodia to see paradise turned into a cesspool. Thailand, in my view, is the cleanest country in Southeast Asia. I rarely see people littering and the streets are swept clean every morning. I mean they even have shoes  to put in when you enter the bathroom so you don’t use your street shoes to get the bathroom floors dirty. The rivers are muddy but how they compare to any other agricultural country with pesticide and herbicide run off is anyone’s guess. Where agriculture is done on an industrial scale, like the USA, there is definitely more soil pollution. The most pristine beach I have ever seen is in Thailand. It is getting polluted, as is every country that uses plastic bottles and chemical herbicides and pesticides. Go to India if you want to experience filth. Cow excrement with trash fill every street. Or go to San Francisco Ca and see the filth left by the huge homeless population and the graffiti marring the buildings, the buses, the subways. Or go to Tibet and see the mountains if rubbish Chinese tourists throw from their buses on the way to Mt Everest. 

Thailand the cleanest country is SEA? 

Have you ever been to Singapore? 

You rarely see people littering? 

Have you ever been outside Bangkok? 

Up there in the provinces, people use their backyard as a landfill, and roadsides are littered over hundreds of kilometers... 

Remove these rose colored glasses and drop the joint you are smoking. 

12 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Thais are the most narcissistic, self centered, selfish and short sighted people in the world. 

Chinese are much,  much more self- centered and selfish. 

The rest of your description gives a good picture of Thailand and should be printed in every Thailand travel guidebook

7 minutes ago, uhuh said:

The rest of your description gives a good picture of Thailand and should be printed in every Thailand travel guidebook

i just took this photo 15 minutes ago in front of and just outside the gates of a local school here in Hua Hin.

20190824_182745.jpg

17 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Thais are the most narcissistic, self centered, selfish and short sighted people in the world. They spend hours on their appearance and then drop their filth on the ground everywhere they go. Piles of beers bottles and plastic wrappers are markers of their last location where they squatted in the filth. Huge rats walk among food carts and the floors of restaurants. 

Beautiful sea creatures choked and strangled in plastic. Coral reefs destroyed by greed. 

Have a nice night.

You're last thread u were living the dream n Thailand?

15 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i just took this photo 15 minutes ago in front of and just outside the gates of a local school here in Hua Hin.

20190824_182745.jpg

Ain't it beautiful?

A friend of mine is holidaying in Hua Hin right now,  I will recommend him this spot for a romantic picnic

I live in a moo baan and I am quiet happy to pay a 1000 baht a year to have my rubbish removed twice a week we have a big strong wheelie bin on the front as with most farang who live here but there are certain people around me especially one neighbor who I caught filling my bin up, to tight to even buy a bin drive out of the moo baan and there's <deleted> everywhere on every corner 

42 minutes ago, uhuh said:

Ain't it beautiful?

A friend of mine is holidaying in Hua Hin right now,  I will recommend him this spot for a romantic picnic

and here too. i just took this 30 minutes ago here in Hua Hin. In all fairness to the city of Hua Hin, the filth is distributed almost equally all over the country. The Wats here in Hua Hin are particularly bad as they are full of trash.    

20190825_154151.jpg

1 hour ago, uhuh said:

Ain't it beautiful?

It's not all bad, the restaurant hanging over the harbour is very scenic (just down the road from Murphy's bar).

I used to enjoy a beer with my pals while hanging over the water.

hua hin.jpg

4 hours ago, uhuh said:

Quite wrong. 

I lived with the Chinese long enough (not just a couple of years) to know what i am talking about, and to know that they think the same as me.

Google Bo Yang, "The Ugly Chinaman".

If you are not Chinese get a Chinese gf and learn from her. 

Not that I have any intention to mount a defense of the eternal virtues of Chinese civilization, but frankly, I can count the number of foreigners I have met that speak Chinese better than an epileptic deafmute on a single hand.  The fact that your "source" is a 50 year old book is also not doing your case any wonders.

I reiterate, people like you are very rarely complaining about the problems blacks, muslims, or latinos are causing in our societies.  But you are all plenty happy to clap to war hawks talking about fighting the Chinese government, or occasionally bombing one of Israel's enemies like Syria or Iran.

Chinese are about the only ethnic group you can openly call evil and predatory on television.  They are far from perfect, but again, I challenge you to say the same sort of thing about blacks. Feel free to try and restore my faith you are an honest person.

3 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

This is the Hua Hin I remember.  I am not about to spend my valuable time looking for garbage.????

what do you mean by looking for garbage?  i just went on a walk and took a few photos.

On 8/24/2019 at 1:29 AM, NCC1701A said:

wait I am not done.

The blue sky and sun blocked by a perpetual cloud of grey haze forcing people to wear masks so they can breath.

Trucks with loud speakers blasting noise at all hours of the day.

OK. I think that is it. Maybe.   

But you are living the life!!!!

24 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

I would walk someplace else but that is just me.

the point is there is no "someplace else" anymore.  just so we are clear, I had not walked this way before today and this is what I came across. Those photos of the trash piled next to the water are not something I went looking for. This is typical of what you see in Hua Hin once you get away from the VERY NARROW strip of beach where tourists do selfies.

and Farangs clean large sections of the beach every Sunday in Hua Hin.

And you know as well as I do that the road to your house, the highway to your town is lined with garbage. I know because I ride a motorcycle everywhere. 100% of the time I come to a stop and look down and there is filth everywhere.

LOOK AT THE PHOTOS! THAILAND IS A GIANT FILTHY PIG STY.  

17 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

the point is there is no "someplace else" anymore.  just so we are clear, I had not walked this way before today and this is what I came across. Those photos of the trash piled next to the water are not something I went looking for. This is typical of what you see in Hua Hin once you get away from the VERY NARROW strip of beach where tourists do selfies.

No litter in my moobaan, walked 6Km in the jungle this morning, the only litter was a couple of crisp bags on the whole hike. Went through Huay Keow park, no litter. Maybe I should take my rose tinted glasses off.

I know there are places with litter, same as every country in the world, but I don't feel the need to look for them, or photograph them.

Archived