BANGKOK
davidst01

I told the wife I dont want another baby but she keeps asking

I raised this thread a while ago:

Despite saying no and that Im happy with 1 child she keeps hounding me. 

I invested a considerable amount of money into a business with her and its going really well. We can afford another one but its the noise/ stress factor of having 2 kids and all the work associated with this. I suffer from anxiety sometimes and have mild anger issues. Apart from this 1 child is really good for me.

Her parents are hounding me as well. My wife says her mother can definitely come and help a lot. Maybe we could get a full time helper as well. She says I can still go away to the beach sometimes. 

If something happens to her and Im having to raise 2 of them by myself financially it could be a nightmare. Our business only exists due to her skill set. 

I dont know what to do. I know it would make her so happy to be pregnant again.  Im really under a lot of pressure.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

saying no would be a good start, but reinforce it with a:  "and now shut the (deleted) up about the subject". It worked for me a few years ago.  Admittedly. I also produced a spread sheet for her, of the financial impact (considerable)  on us having a fourth child to consider.  I think that actually did the trick. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

I would strongly recommend you do not get an irreversible medical procedure that you could well end up deeply regretting.

A vasectomy is not irriversible.What about if he deeply regrests getting another child?

The frozen sperm idea i applaud.My ex decided to have a baby without letting me no,it ended our marriage.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks for the replies. Post edit....  Thanks to her I dont have to do a <deleted> teacher job hanging around young ego teacher personalities. I took the risk investing in this business but she is the brains behind the operation and the sole worker (and our 4 thai staff). 

It would make her so happy to have one. But for me maybe I will forego some happiness sometimes. Then maybe it will bring joy sometimes. Difficult decision

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Your choices ..........

If you don't impregnate her, someone else will.

Harsh! LOL

I would tell her to get lost -- with the existing baby. And, enjoy my life.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

i gave up on my life for the purpose of making my last gf happier, thinking i was older so more suitable for the sacrifice.

in hindsight i think it was a bad idea to put someone else

ahead of me in priorities.

i went into depression, celibacy, and gave up on life 10 years ago, there is no going back.

what i extract from this is, your only responsibility is yourself, and always follow your heart when you still got one

I feel your pain, my then girlfriend (now wife) talked me into keeping our 'mistake' 7 years ago and as you so rightly say life, as I knew it, ended!  The OP already has one child so he knows what it's like so the circumstances are a bit different but he really needs to stick to his guns.

• Like 1