Jump to content
BANGKOK
oznomad

Tax ID - the Jomtien experience

Recommended Posts

Excellent thanks for that report...how much was the certificate of residence at immigration and they ask what you wanted it for ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johng said:

Excellent thanks for that report...how much was the certificate of residence at immigration and they ask what you wanted it for ?

I got a spare one in January. 300 baht and not much grief involved. Is it 400 if you just get one?

I think it might be.

I thought it might have been 'too old' but the taxman said it's ok.

Went to Immigration on Tuesday for 90 day report. Place was bordering on empty, relatively speaking. Now might be a good time to get a Cert of Residence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you need to have done a 90-day report to get a Certificate of Residence from Jomtien Immigration? I have never stayed long enough to have done a 90-day report.

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Gave me back one of each passport and visa copy, and the printed Tax ID.  I signed his register"

 

When they printed the "TAX ID" were you handed a card or a piece of paper? I am trying to stop withholding tax at my bank and although I have previously filed and received a refund the bank manager would not accept the Tax ID number from my refund paperwork.  He says I need to go to the tax office and get an tax ID CARD but I never remember getting a card when I filed for a tax number 3 years ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, johng said:

Excellent thanks for that report...how much was the certificate of residence at immigration and they ask what you wanted it for ?

I remember being given the run around by Jomtien over this. I was told by the revenue office I needed a COR, drove all the way from Banglamung to Jomtien. There I was told I needed a letter from the revenue dept stating a COR was needed by them to get a tax ID. Back to the Banglamung revenue office where they told me they do not do letters. Went home to chew bricks! Found an old copy of a COR I had taken at driving licence renewal, the revenue office took that. 

Maybe the solution is to tell immigration you are renewing a licence!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Maybe the solution is to tell immigration you are renewing a licence!

The certificate of residence doesn't state a purpose as far as I'm aware,  unless they recently changed something.

if you say renewing a licence they may want to look at the "old licence" and then see its not near expiry date

so maybe  opening a bank account or getting a first time drivers licence would be better ?

 

residence_2.thumb.jpg.82bf349aea3856d3fd049c25fc94230a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, peterbkk2 said:

Do you need to have done a 90-day report to get a Certificate of Residence from Jomtien Immigration? I have never stayed long enough to have done a 90-day report.

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk
 

Not in my experience at Jomtien. My C of R was obtained before my first 90 day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, livram said:

"Gave me back one of each passport and visa copy, and the printed Tax ID.  I signed his register"

 

When they printed the "TAX ID" were you handed a card or a piece of paper? I am trying to stop withholding tax at my bank and although I have previously filed and received a refund the bank manager would not accept the Tax ID number from my refund paperwork.  He says I need to go to the tax office and get an tax ID CARD but I never remember getting a card when I filed for a tax number 3 years ago.

 

I got a piece of paper. Next stop was Bangkok Bank. No problems at the bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, livram said:

"Gave me back one of each passport and visa copy, and the printed Tax ID.  I signed his register"

 

When they printed the "TAX ID" were you handed a card or a piece of paper? I am trying to stop withholding tax at my bank and although I have previously filed and received a refund the bank manager would not accept the Tax ID number from my refund paperwork.  He says I need to go to the tax office and get an tax ID CARD but I never remember getting a card when I filed for a tax number 3 years ago.

 

You should get a card when you apply. Got one in Tax Office in Bkk, Pathumwan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"... and then fined me for not filing an income tax report the previous year! "

 

Details matter. Wasn't the fine something like 100 baht?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

34 minutes ago, Letseng said:

I never remember getting a card when I filed for a tax number 3 years ago.

 

57 minutes ago, oznomad said:

I got a piece of paper. Next stop was Bangkok Bank. No problems at the bank.

Yes mine is a fairly flimsy piece of yellow paper - certainly not card, with details printed on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went through this a couple of years ago to reclaim tax from bank interest, did it all in one day including the claim, they said I would get a cheque in the post in about 2 weeks.

 

Waited a month - nothing, went back to see what was going on

 

They then directed me to an office upstairs were I filled in another form (financial declaration I believe) once I did that cheque came about 2 weeks later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, smedly said:

I went through this a couple of years ago to reclaim tax from bank interest, did it all in one day including the claim, they said I would get a cheque in the post in about 2 weeks.

 

Waited a month - nothing, went back to see what was going on

 

They then directed me to an office upstairs were I filled in another form (financial declaration I believe) once I did that cheque came about 2 weeks later

I had exactly the same experience. Had to go there again and fill in a Form on the 4th floor. I also got as tax ID document just 2 pieces of paper and no card. Since I own my condo I showed them the blue book and this purchase certificate I received at the land office when I bought the condo. No residence certificate was needed in my csse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...