O Lny Srmat Poelpe Can Raed Tihs.

O lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The

phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny i prmoatnt tihng is taht the fris t and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

:o

But would this work with Thai English? Seems to me they add one first letter and drop the last. However, from my experience of wannabe English teachers there, I think you are definitely in with a chance. :o

Edited by qwertz

phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny i prmoatnt tihng is taht the fris t and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

I found your post fascinating as I had never realized how our amazing our minds are at processing words . Although it is easy for us to read these sentences, my guess is that my Thai wife will not be able to read it even though she is fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. I will have her give it a try when she gets home later today. Perhaps she will surprise me but I would guess that her mind may process it differently since it is not in her native tongue.

I can read at last!!! or was it the Chang Beer?

Obviously I've seen this before, but it always amazes me that I can read it easily :o

Interestingly, when reading the OP I was totally thrown by the two 'deliberate' errors (additional spaces).

These :- "i prmoatnt" and "fris t"

I found your post fascinating as I had never realized how our amazing our minds are at processing words . Although it is easy for us to read these sentences, my guess is that my Thai wife will not be able to read it even though she is fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. I will have her give it a try when she gets home later today. Perhaps she will surprise me but I would guess that her mind may process it differently since it is not in her native tongue.

I was sure wrong on this previous post of mine. My Thai wife read it so fast even I could not keep up with her. I guess her mind processes it exactly the same as me even though it is not her native language. I guess she only read it faster than me because she is the smarter one ! :o

I was sure wrong on this previous post of mine. My Thai wife read it so fast even I could not keep up with her. I guess her mind processes it exactly the same as me even though it is not her native language. I guess she only read it faster than me because she is the smarter one ! :o

I just tried it with my Chinese interpreter - She was able to read it without any trouble also.

This is precisely why I hate reading Thai so much!

I'd imagine non-native English speakers would have a lot more trouble reading it!

Works fine for me. The only thing required is that you have a decent grasp of grammar and know the words used.

This is about words forming pictures in your mind. A skilled reader does not read individual letters but recognizes the text word by word.

Know knead too putt theis iyn thee teeechyur's forum.

I've done too much English teaching, proofreading and writing to get through that mess without the spelling police inside my brain coming to the four. I mean, to the for. To the fore?

Aside from having a learning disability (ADD), I get confused when their is Moor then won arror in the sentence.

I'd imagine non-native English speakers would have a lot more trouble reading it!

My point too but it does relate to speed reading, for those fluent in English.

Edited by qwertz

Very enlightening. However a room of 30 Thai kids may find it very confusing or maybe just Ajarn Kee mao....

ขี้เมาหยำเป

your absolutely right, imagine the kids faces!? ตกใจมากกกกกกกกกก

KD :o

Please close ASAP....no Thai reference and no intelligence

Sorry to offend your notion of PC, sir, but this is Thai Visa and my limited intelligence is unlikely to offend anyone.

Self edited : due to a wolf on my back.. :o

Edited by Austhaied