Pheu Thai backs down over probe of 3 MPs for welcoming PM to Surin province

webfact

Pheu Thai backs down over probe of 3 MPs for welcoming PM to Surin province

Pheu-Thai.jpg

The opposition Pheu Thai Party has backed down over a plan to investigate three of its MPs, for the northeastern province of Surin, for showing up to welcome Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha during his visit to the province on Monday.

An informed party source said today (Thursday) that, if a committee was set up to investigate the incident and the three MPs were faulted for breaking the party’s rules, they might defect to join a new party .

According to Section 101 of the Constitution, an MP who is ousted from his/her party by a resolution endorsed by three-quarters of the party’s executive committee will lose his/her parliamentary membership unless he/she joins a new party within 30 days of his/her ouster.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thai-backs-down-over-probe-of-3-mps-for-welcoming-pm-to-surin-province/

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

Never a dull moment in Thai politics, especially when the highest bidder rules - a bit like bee's around a honey pot. 

I think in this case your analogy is incorrect. It would be better described as flies on a turd....

5 hours ago, Artisi said:

I'll stick with honey = money. 

Your not wrong but I will also stick with the flies around a turd analogy though pigs around a trough works quite well too....

Whichever we decide on they all appear to be despicable creatures after a free lunch completely unhindered by morals common sense or any semblance of a clue on running a noodle stall let alone a firkin country.....

2 hours ago, mark131v said:

Your not wrong but I will also stick with the flies around a turd analogy though pigs around a trough works quite well too....

Whichever we decide on they all appear to be despicable creatures after a free lunch completely unhindered by morals common sense or any semblance of a clue on running a noodle stall let alone a firkin country.....

Although pissing in the noodles seems OK. (Did you read the article on noodles / pissing) 

Archived