BANGKOK
CLW

What is this driver / chauffeur thing here?

Thought that was called a "Taxi" ....😃

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, CLW said:

>Except top level manager, show me a Thai who does that. Mostly playing with the phone or sleeping because last night less sleep because they either drunk or be on the phone late.

And what's wrong with that?

If they are i.e. two hours a day in the car let them sleep and relax. That makes them fitter for the work for the rest of the day.

• Like 1

And what's wrong with that?
If they are i.e. two hours a day in the car let them sleep and relax. That makes them fitter for the work for the rest of the day.
Have you ever worked with Thai people?
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JWRC said:

I actually prefer to drive myself most of the time not only local but long distance as well. However I do have 2 excellent drivers for when I have to go to Bangkok because it's a 2 - 3 hour journey depending on the time of day, weather, road accidents and roadworks etc, I like to arrive in Bangkok fresh, I have someone to park the car and pick me up at the door when finished, I am not tired or stressed and will quite often have a snooze on the way home, I make sure I pay them well, normally 1,000 Baht for an average day, more if it's over 8 hours. plus they get a good lunch, as they eat wherever I eat and I buy all the snacks and drinks for the road. They consider they are well looked after and I never have a problem with availability.

This doesn't happen so often these days, but it's handy and I don't have to pay out for a full time driver when I don't need one. And they are quite welcome to have a sleep in the car when they are just waiting around, what else are they supposed to do?

How did you find these drivers? Via references from other people? I only ask as I'm sure I could find drivers at half that cost but would not remotely trust them at face value.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You definitely have meetings in the wrong places if there is no parking within miles. 😉

When your visiting clients or customers, you don't generally have a lot of choice! sure most places have parking but the average Thai multi storey car parks are some of the worst designed spaces in the world! usually with nowhere near sufficient parking spaces!

• Like 2