The Obamas make their Netflix debut with American Factory documentary

snoop1130

The Obamas make their Netflix debut with American Factory documentary

By Emma Nolan

12545.JPG

Barack and Michelle Obama’s first Netflix project is out now and the former president has said he hopes American Factory will ‘speak curiosity’ for viewers.

It comes after the former first couple signed a deal with Netflix in 2018 under the name Higher Ground Productions.

American Factory follows a Chinese billionaire who re-opens a factory and hires 2000 blue-collar Americans and early days of hope and optimism give way to setbacks as high-tech China clashes with working-class America.

The former president and first lady sat down with the filmmakers Julia Reichert and Steven Bognar to talk about the power of storytelling, building connections, celebrating the human spirit, and giving voice to people who do not typically appear on screen.

Full Story: https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/21/obamas-make-netflix-debut-american-factory-documentary-10610253/

I suppose it may be better than "After Dinner Speeches" for the rest of his days

The guy is driven , he was POTUS for 8 years he will not want to sit on his ass for the rest of his days

I hope it's a success,

I really like the guy, watched him in a repeat programme of "Parts Unknown" with poor Anthony Bourdain on Monday eating noodles with him in Vietnam, he is a very down to earth guy in my opinion...but I am not American and others from there may say different

9 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I suppose it may be better than "After Dinner Speeches" for the rest of his days

The guy is driven , he was POTUS for 8 years he will not want to sit on his ass for the rest of his days

I hope it's a success,

I really like the guy, watched him in a repeat programme of "Parts Unknown" with poor Anthony Bourdain on Monday eating noodles with him in Vietnam, he is a very down to earth guy in my opinion...but I am not American and others from there may say different

That was a great episode of Parts Unknown. I even watched and enjoyed a repeat of it. I thought that they were two cool dudes in that episode.

But like you say ... "but I am not American and others from there may say different" (neither am I).

Whatever

Barry and Michael need to <deleted>!   I will listen to Barry when he explains why his entire life records from birth to Congress are sealed, and cannot be seen by anyone.  Somebody, rumored to be a Saudi, paid 2 million dollars for him to do this.  Why was this done?  What does he have to hide from the public...  I won't even get into some of the issues he caused as President.

Even the Democratic candidates have been blasting Biden in the primaries about the Obama/Biden 8 years.

Archived