BANGKOK
snoop1130

Chiang Mai’s red cars boiling mad at Grab

Would an illegal company be able to advertise like this at an entrance to Central Festival Mall? 

20190828_112923.thumb.jpg.91b4dc8d563208091911311feef23c4e.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/29/2019 at 8:45 AM, Trujillo said:

Would an illegal company be able to advertise like this at an entrance to Central Festival Mall? 

Grab is as illegal as Airbnb. Both are legal companies, but persons offering their services without a license are breaking the law

Edited by jackdd

Illegal shmalegal!  Who cares?  I live mostly in Bangkok and Grab has the most annoying app I've ever used and I have to use it now that Uber is gone and Grab is  the only game in town.  

On 8/23/2019 at 9:21 AM, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Who thought up this bizarre name, "red cars"? It's a poor description and anyway what's wrong with "songthaew", or if you must, the Pattaya name, "Baht Bus"?

Thai people thought it up... maybe cuz they are all red? ... they often call it "rot dang". ...red car.

On 8/24/2019 at 10:02 AM, Michelle2019 said:

I'm sorry but as a female, I have been subjected to overpricing and threatening behavior from red cars. Not only that, I speak very good Thai, and the way I have been talked about while taking one of these rides is atrocious.

My Thai sucks, but I can tell them my destination and have never ever paid more than the locals.