Different taste of Coke in Thailand depending on the bottle size

BestB

This topic is about Coke having different taste depending on the bottle size.

Of course i could be going crazy, but Coke Zero specifically, tastes different when bottled in 1.25l in comparison to 1.5l

The 1.5l has a better taste, would not say more sweet but more pleasant where as 1.25 is kind of rough on taste. The cans and small bottles have same taste as 1.5 l

Is it me going crazy, or someone else also notice the difference?

Can not comment on regular Coke as i do not drink it, but Zero

I am pretty sure all bottled at the same factory, so why would it taste different? unless again, i am loosing my marbles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

I do not think they use sugar in Zero at all, they use Stevia 

I have seen it some western countries where the can has Stevia in bold around the top of the can but I'm pretty sure that in Thailand it is sweetened with the usual aspartame and acesulfame K.

But you're right, certainly no sugar.

Edited by thedemon
  • Like 1

Logically id say you are losing your marbles, but this is Thailand everything is possible. 

I would say there would be one production process for all Coke Zero and then it gets in bottles but that is just logic.. it might not apply here. 

How have you tested it.. bought two different bottles.. and drank a glass from both of them in a short time ? If so then you must be right if you go on memory then you might be wrong. 

I can't say i tried, i gave up on those stevia flavored drinks, they are of course a lot better then the alternative.

Rubbish processed drink, whatever, with zero nutrient value. If it contains artificial sweeteners (Ugh) they're more unhealthy than sugar additives. As are all similar soft drinks marketed today.

As for stevia, being a plant extract, it probably is the best  - and less likely to be harmful to health -alternative to sugar and sweeteners. Why anyone would consume sugar, however, is beyond me. If it had been discovered today, it would have been banned as a toxic substance.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Logically id say you are losing your marbles, but this is Thailand everything is possible. 

I would say there would be one production process for all Coke Zero and then it gets in bottles but that is just logic.. it might not apply here. 

How have you tested it.. bought two different bottles.. and drank a glass from both of them in a short time ? If so then you must be right if you go on memory then you might be wrong. 

I can't say i tried, i gave up on those stevia flavored drinks, they are of course a lot better then the alternative.

I don;t drink diet sodas but can deffinately tast the difference in Reg Coke from USA (sweetened with High Fructose Corn Syryp) and the Coke here that is sweetened with cane sugar. Below warning of using diet sodas to lose weight.

Edited by Tony125

1 minute ago, Tony125 said:

I don;t drink diet sodas but can deffinately tast the difference in Reg Coke from USA (sweetened with High Fructose Corn Syryp) and the Coke here that is sweetened with cane sugar. Below warning  below of using diet sodas to lose weight.

I do not think Coke Zero 1.5l and 1.25 are bottled in different countries. But may possibly be because even the caps feel somewhat different.

Yes, some sizes are manufactured outside of thailand and imported, even different manufacturing planes have different taste in thailand due to the different water and and amount of concentrate/sugar they use.

concentrate, sugar amount, and water used... the mix is it's always a bit different.

It's not you, it's Thailand

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have seen photos of 'cokacola factories' where the old glass bottles are collected, a shot of cola syrup added, and then topped up with gassed liquid and a cap hammered on. They go into the wooden crates and then are delivered locally. So, this would not apply to big stores like Lotus or Big C etc, but bars etc, probably. That might account for it?

I only drink Coca Cola from a can or glass bottle, and consume it in the one sitting. In my opinion, true connoisseurs would never drink coke out of a plastic bottle. That is for the masses and people who simply do not care about preserving the best taste. Next you will be saying you can't tell the difference between coke and pepsi!

Your mind is playing tricks on you.Have someone blind fold you and then take the coke challenge.I toured a Coca Cola factory.The same liquid in all the bottles.Could Thailand be different.Maybe but I seriously doubt it.There trying to maximize profit.Not hurt it.If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.Just take the challenge.

45 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

Never seen 1.5L coke zero in Thailand, and even the only result google give me is this thread, so i guess it's import.

Regular coke available in 1.5 and 2L, but zero only 1.25L

Tesco and Big C sells 1.5L, Have not seen 1.5 Zero anywhere else, only the mentioned 2.

10 hours ago, robblok said:

At the volumes drunk it certainly won't be the same filling kline.

Potentially different mixes as well.

Flavor syrup is usually supplied by coke but some ingredients can be added at bottler What's common is to prepare a final syrup with all ingredients then inject water and CO2 just before bottling. Plenty of wriggle room. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thrilled said:

Your mind is playing tricks on you.Have someone blind fold you and then take the coke challenge.I toured a Coca Cola factory.The same liquid in all the bottles.Could Thailand be different.Maybe but I seriously doubt it.There trying to maximize profit.Not hurt it.If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.Just take the challenge.

I do not think its about hurting their profit, it just has a different taste, not a massive difference but noticeable. The only thing i can think of is its bottled at different locations, as mentioned earlier even caps feel different,