France's Macron tells Johnson: not enough time for a new Brexit deal

snoop1130

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Thank you. My day has been made better by imagining what a "Close up and personal view" of Mandy Rice Davies, back in the day, would be, Michael Portillo doesn't bear thinking about! My parents named their dog Mandy in her honour.

i had a pet tarantula called bert.

5 minutes ago, kingdong said:

i,m sure he would have,still our boris is an diplomat and a gentleman,god bless him.

I believe so too, he looks nice and funny with his happy smile - even more since he is PM - but he is just as cynical as other politicians, and Macron knows who's speaking to.        

2 hours ago, kingdong said:

the irish border is between the uk and eire,don,t see what its got to do with the eu,or are they just using it as an excuse for keeping us in their corrupt little gathering?

again a Brexiteer, who does not have the slightest idea The inter-irish border = the EU outer border. For the rest.. ask the other dumn-dumns.

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Maybe that smile is because everybody on the world can see, what a baboon this British PM is...

Indeed, Macron and Merkel have just been playing games with him, such as the one shown below. 

They are statesmen/women and he is just an embarrassment. 

I remember my first day on a building site being sent to the store for a pair of sky hooks. I wasn't the first, I won't be the last!

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 20.12.50.png

16 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

See whatever news, and.. Always the British are drunk, giving trouble. especially on holidays in Spain, or.. around football matches. Even gave the world a new word: hooligans.

So you don't know they were British. Maybe Dutch football hooligans after a night out at Milton Keynes Spoonies? 

51 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So you don't know they were British. Maybe Dutch football hooligans after a night out at Milton Keynes Spoonies? 

Clearely too difficult for a Brexiteer to understand: Eton-boys, as in this picture given as "The British as seen by the Americans", these drunks, with a British car plate on the cars, gives: "The British as SEEN by the Europeans". 

No need THESE drunks on this picture are actual British. Could be actors even... 

Dutch would have used Heineken or Amstel, not the blanco stuff on the picture.

21 hours ago, Issannative said:

It's just posturing there will be a deal the EU has to be seen to make it hard less others will quickly follow

Negative ,   there will be a caretaker goverment in place .

Have you not noticed , Farage is silent .. 

September , enter the dragons...

5 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Even for all their waste... they can dump it in the north of England instead of to export it to the EU for recycling and for the rest: burn it into energy.

May i humbly suggest Sotland . Land of mouth and trousers...

9 hours ago, <deleted> dasterdly said:

"The million plus people who recently protested in London against Brexit"

Really??? ????

Edit - Please try to exaggerate sensibly ????.

Brexit march 2019: 'One million' people descend on London demanding a People’s Vote: Evening Standard.

'One million people' march in London to demand second EU referendum: Sky News.

Brexit march: ‘1 million’ protesters and celebrities rally in London demanding a second referendum: The Independent.

'One million' take part in 'Put It To The People' march demanding a final say on Brexit: ITV News.

OK, those figures are all estimates, other independent estimates put the figure closer to 700,000, which the police declined to confirm or deny.

One thing for sure; they outnumbered the attendance to Farage's 'March and rally for Brexit' by at least 700 times!

15 minutes ago, elliss said:

May i humbly suggest Scotland . Land of mouth and trousers...

An extra reason for the Scots to "Leave" ( the UK) as long as they still are able to… 31 Oct a free state, and.. will stay in the EU without any disturbance. A ferry from Scotland to EU ( Eems port)  is already organised. No need to truck all the way through England and be stuck in Dover.

Let the English with their own waste.

"William Wallace" will finally win...  https://www.biography.com/military-figure/william-wallace  

6 hours ago, puipuitom said:

And in NL every vote counts, not as the UK "Democracy":

But when you have a referendum (2005) the government ignore the result. What a democracy.

So confident that no country will leave the EU. Give everyone a referendum vote then. Even Juncker has acknowledged that other countries would leave if you give them a referendum.. I would put my money on Italy leaving with the possibility of Greece and a few others like Hungary.

52 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

But when you have a referendum (2005) the government ignore the result. What a democracy.

So confident that no country will leave the EU. Give everyone a referendum vote then. Even Juncker has acknowledged that other countries would leave if you give them a referendum.. I would put my money on Italy leaving with the possibility of Greece and a few others like Hungary.

greece never qualified in the first instance,

they cheated their way in and should be kicked out

Post in breach of Forum Rules removed, along with a number of responses.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

20 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

With that referendum a 32 % showed up. With a wish of 17,9 % of the Dutch electorate the Netherlands does not change. Second: We have a Government + Parliament to decide.

For the rest, see my comment under # 75. No more nations as the English wants to commit commercial + financial suicide.

On 8/23/2019 at 10:27 PM, puipuitom said:

Why any other EU nation would follow ?

Indeed, seeing one's country completely divided as the U.K.(Leavers-Remainers) after a referendum, is not really something other countries will consider as a model to follow. 

Now if the U.K could fix their intern problems (Leavers / Remainers / Parliament) and again being an united and democratic nation, other european countries may reconsider. 

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

Indeed, seeing one's country completely divided as the U.K.(Leavers-Remainers) after a referendum, is not really something other countries will consider as a model to follow. 

Now if the U.K could fix their intern problems (Leavers / Remainers / Parliament) and again being an united and democratic nation, other european countries may reconsider. 

So being part of an Unelected Quango is not a good enough reason to leave, they Deserve all they are going to get,

2 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

a good enough reason to leave,

There is always a good reason to do something, or not.

And if not really, it is easy to find/fabricate one. 

The problem in the U.K. is that nearly the 1/2 of the people has a complete different opinion than the other half. 

Not a very sane and easy situation to manage, and it shows. 

Therefore, so far, the U.K. is not really a role model to other European countries. 

5 hours ago, puipuitom said:

With that referendum a 32 % showed up. With a wish of 17,9 % of the Dutch electorate the Netherlands does not change. Second: We have a Government + Parliament to decide.

For the rest, see my comment under # 75. No more nations as the English wants to commit commercial + financial suicide.

Regardless if only 32% showed up. Its a referendum. You can't be counted and complain if you don't participate.

Then you have the never to talk about democracy. Your government totally ignored the result That is anti democratic.

You keep going on about suicide. Besides the melodramatics, it would seem many non Brits here (admittedly some Brits too) keep going on about this. I know this might come as a surprise but there is a big world out there.

Many countries do exceptional well outside of the EU. The UK will be one of them. Leaving the corrupt, protectionist EU is the priority for me and I know many others, so keep your melodramatics to yourself and concentrate on why your country and others in the EU referendum, results are just ignored. Especially as you like many others like to use the word democratic.

19 hours ago, david555 said:

Could have appointed a Scottish one …… already in attendance ...lol...????5555 !

Perfect economic sense. Waste of money but the the EU is awash with wasted money and civil servants, paid extortionate salaries for nothing. The EU has had more than its share of money from the UK. Time to wake up and smell the coffee, it will have to look elsewhere for the sugar.

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Leaving the corrupt, protectionist EU is the priority for me and I know many others,

The British I met, I admit not that young anymore, have mostly a hubristic attitude.

I suppose they still believe the U.K. is a nation it once was.

British people are not exactly the ones ready to listen and accommodate, but more taking the leadership and expect the others oblige.

It is my opinion, that if it had been the British who hold sway in the E.U., instead of the Germans, the approach of the majority of British towards the E.U. would have been completely different. 

17 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

The driver behind globalism is NOT PRIMARILY a growing urge to gain a global market dominance. The driver is increased worldwide trade which benefits the vast majority of people. 

Yup, the reason why banks and large corporations invest heavily in globalisation is because they want to "benefit make the vast majority of people". 

Right. Absolutely. 

A fool is wise in his eyes - King Solomon 

11 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Yup, the reason why banks and large corporations invest heavily in globalisation is because they want to "benefit make the vast majority of people". 

Right. Absolutely. 

A fool is wise in his eyes - King Solomon 

So, you will vote for Corbyn?

1 minute ago, oldhippy said:

If you don't like globalism, which is an essential part of modern capitalism, you can always vote for Corbyn.

Sadly Corbyn is a man of limited intellect (Not obvious in HoC of course!). Apart from being Farage's most important supporter, he is stuck in a 1970s political mindset. The world has moved on, while he is still nurturing his sycophantic obsession with Tony Benn. His middle class parents sent him to a fee paying private school, then one of the top Grammar schools in the country. He managed one A level, and had the gall to claim allegiance with the "Common Man" in having limited further education, when he had had a wonderful opportunity they had never had. 

If he doesn't amend his agenda and fails to be part of a "Save Britain" coalition without demanding to lead it then we are all fuc#ed. 

It's a capitalist world, that ain't going to change now.

Archived