France's Macron tells Johnson: not enough time for a new Brexit deal

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Sadly Corbyn is a man of limited intellect (Not obvious in HoC of course!). Apart from being Farage's most important supporter, he is stuck in a 1970s political mindset. The world has moved on, while he is still nurturing his sycophantic obsession with Tony Benn. His middle class parents sent him to a fee paying private school, then one of the top Grammar schools in the country. He managed one A level, and had the gall to claim allegiance with the "Common Man" in having limited further education, when he had had a wonderful opportunity they had never had. 

If he doesn't amend his agenda and fails to be part of a "Save Britain" coalition without demanding to lead it then we are all fuc#ed. 

It's a capitalist world, that ain't going to change now.

If you favor capitalism, you favor globalisation.

Capitalism ain't going to change.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One the funniest aspects of open borders and free movement of capital is that the torpedo spearheading the grand architects of globalism is the very same person who brough the British Pound to its knees back in 1992.

And if remainers are to be believed, he did all of this is an attempt to benefit the vast majority of people.

I wonder why the very same people who brought the Pound to its knees are so upset about the Chinese who introduced the gold standard instead of a free currency.

Go figure.

Or, maybe the Chinese will want to apply for an EU membership. I mean, given the fantastic opportunities for the "vast majority of people".... What say you, remainers..? 

30 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Yup, the reason why banks and large corporations invest heavily in globalisation is because they want to "benefit make the vast majority of people". 

Right. Absolutely. 

A fool is wise in his eyes - King Solomon 

He didn't say that, did he. But it's nice to turn to deflections when asked to corroborate wild accusations.

So, are you gonna verify your Rothschild claim or not?

1 minute ago, Forethat said:

One the funniest aspects of open borders and free movement of capital is that the torpedo spearheading the grand architects of globalism is the very same person who brough the British Pound to its knees back in 1992.

And if remainers are to be believed, he did all of this is an attempt to benefit the vast majority of people.

I wonder why the very same people who brought the Pound to its knees are so upset about the Chinese who introduced the gold standard instead of a free currency.

Go figure.

Or, maybe the Chinese will want to apply for an EU membership. I mean, given the fantastic opportunities for the "vast majority of people".... What say you, remainers..? 

Cut the <deleted>, just answer: if you are against globalisation, will you vote for a crypto communist - the only ones that oppose globalisation?

7 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Go figure.

Yes Soros, and many others bet against the pound in 1992, why, because its value was overinflated. 

"Joining the ERM was part of Britain's effort to help the unification of the European economies. However, in the imperialistic style of old, she had tried to stack the deck. Although it stood apart from European currencies, the British pound had shadowed the German mark in the period leading up to the 1990s, but unfortunately, the desire to "keep up with the Joneses" left Britain with low interest rates and high inflation. Britain entered the ERM with the express desire to keep its currency above 2.7 marks to the pound - this was fundamentally unsound because Britain's inflation rate was many times that of Germany's."

We shot ourselves in the foot (Just as we are doing now). No one else is to blame just British pomposity. Anyone who understood money would have been justified in betting against the pound. 

7 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Cut the <deleted>, just answer: if you are against globalisation, will you vote for a crypto communist - the only ones that oppose globalisation?

The subject of this thread is - if I'm not incorrect - the issue of Brexit...? I think we can cut out any direct questions regarding individual posters personal details, especially the irrelevant ones. 

There is plenty of time for a new/augmented deal if Macron and Merkel so decide ... utter nonsense from the French president, just more brinkmanship. They are still in denial about us leaving and think it won't happen ... wake up children and smell the coffee as it's going to happen. A deal will be struck at the 11 hour imo, just that at the moment all sides are still playing hardball to appeal to their support base and not look weak. The UK will be fine whatever happens and things won't implode ... remember the millennium bug? Same thing, life moved on and the end of times didn't happen. Seems like a deal with the US is on the cards and it'll happen as the US wants a win too to show everyone what's possible ... they will just agree on everything other than the NHS and boot that sort of stuff down the road/into the long grass but there is 95-99% they can agree on pretty much right now.

4 minutes ago, Brigand said:

The UK will be fine whatever happens and things won't implode

It's all depend how someone approach the situation.

The optimist is super confident, everything will be ok, as it has ever been.

Many countries will stay in line to have the advantage to do business with the U.K..

The Pound will considerably rise.

It will be good to be British.

Even, at least one here,  dream of a " White U.K. ", not with European and British whites, no, only British ones, on the street, at work, in hospitals..

" Colored " British are not really considered as " genuine " British.

The pessimist expect a kind of Armageddon, food and medicine in shortage, everything more expensive, and the Pound more down.

The realist note that there is a serious division in opinion between British people, that Parliament has a problem to acknowledge the wish of the winning Leavers, that the Pound is in a bad situation.

We will have to wait and see what is coming out.

An extra reason for the Scots to "Leave" ( the UK) as long as they still are able to… 31 Oct a free state, and.. will stay in the EU without any disturbance. A ferry from Scotland to EU ( Eems port)  is already organised. No need to truck all the way through England and be stuck in Dover. Let the English with their own waste.

"William Wallace" will finally win...  https://www.biography.com/military-figure/william-wallace  

Good job that once in in a lifetime referendum majority of Scotland remains part of the U.K.

I’m fully aware it displeases many, but facts are facts.

As for Macron telling BoJo, I nearly spilt my coffee with laughter with that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now Boris is saying it's touch and go before it was a million to one

BBC Europe editor Katya Adler said the European Council president and Mr Johnson held talks on Sunday, which were in a "genuinely positive atmosphere".

And it says this should they not be Debating and fighting?

Sounds like both sides have given up and are bracing for a no-deal Brexit and are talking about the Weather.

Anyone know if you have to pay council tax if you are on the Dole I am not joking I can't find any info on google.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Archived