BANGKOK
snoop1130

France's Macron tells Johnson: not enough time for a new Brexit deal

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

The EU Parliament is elected on a PR basis, so for example 35% of the vote would get you 35% of the seats, that is far more democratic than the UK system where 35% of the vote can get you 55% or more of the seats, how anyone could pretend otherwise is beyond me.

I have studied the Lisbon Treaty, which makes it very easy to recognise the "project fear" false accounts of it that Quitters are so keen to share. The treaty is about improving democracy and transparency above all else.

I'm not sure what relevance your point about the "minimum" VAT rate is, as the UK government has always set rates above the minimum level so can you explain how that has hurt you? 

I was referring to the so-called democratic voting of the EU Parliament, not the way in which MEPs are elected.

The "Treaty Establishing a Constitution for Europe" (the European Union Constitution) failed to be passed unanimously in 2005, after France and the Netherlands rejected it. In 2009, the Lisbon Treaty, effectively a slight rehash of the European Constitution, passed after Ireland voted as they have to do (but not twice) but with the French and Dutch not being given another vote.

So via the Lisbon Treaty, we already have an EU Constitution, much of which is enforced already. It may improve transparency but democracy? Not really. It will make it easier for the EU to follow its own path towards federalization and centralisation, without all those pesky vetoes getting in the way. Having a constitution also implies that a superstate is indeed the aim of the EU, which means that the UK would become less of a state and more of a province - this has been warned of for years - and this is probably the prime reason that most leavers want to leave.   

If the VAT rate on beer was 5% instead of 15%, then many of us would be happy and less hurt by stupid beer prices. And no, I am not saying that Boris will do this! 

10 hours ago, evadgib said:

Having just watched that clip I can confirm that the selective nature of this post/photo is utter baloney.

its psychological hes just showing macron whos the guvnor.

5 minutes ago, Opl said:

except that Trump would have put his 2 feet on the table 

i,m sure he would have,still our boris is an diplomat and a gentleman,god bless him.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Thank you. My day has been made better by imagining what a "Close up and personal view" of Mandy Rice Davies, back in the day, would be, Michael Portillo doesn't bear thinking about! My parents named their dog Mandy in her honour.

i had a pet tarantula called bert.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kingdong said:

i,m sure he would have,still our boris is an diplomat and a gentleman,god bless him.

I believe so too, he looks nice and funny with his happy smile - even more since he is PM - but he is just as cynical as other politicians, and Macron knows who's speaking to.        

2 hours ago, kingdong said:

the irish border is between the uk and eire,don,t see what its got to do with the eu,or are they just using it as an excuse for keeping us in their corrupt little gathering?

again a Brexiteer, who does not have the slightest idea The inter-irish border = the EU outer border. For the rest.. ask the other dumn-dumns.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

See whatever news, and.. Always the British are drunk, giving trouble. especially on holidays in Spain, or.. around football matches. Even gave the world a new word: hooligans.

So you don't know they were British. Maybe Dutch football hooligans after a night out at Milton Keynes Spoonies? 

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 2

Troll post reported and removed.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So you don't know they were British. Maybe Dutch football hooligans after a night out at Milton Keynes Spoonies? 

Clearely too difficult for a Brexiteer to understand: Eton-boys, as in this picture given as "The British as seen by the Americans", these drunks, with a British car plate on the cars, gives: "The British as SEEN by the Europeans". 

No need THESE drunks on this picture are actual British. Could be actors even... 

Dutch would have used Heineken or Amstel, not the blanco stuff on the picture.

Edited by puipuitom
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Issannative said:

It's just posturing there will be a deal the EU has to be seen to make it hard less others will quickly follow

Negative ,   there will be a caretaker goverment in place .

Have you not noticed , Farage is silent .. 

September , enter the dragons...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Even for all their waste... they can dump it in the north of England instead of to export it to the EU for recycling and for the rest: burn it into energy.

May i humbly suggest Sotland . Land of mouth and trousers...

Edited by elliss
spelling