Prayut calls on ‘rich’ people to give up ‘poor’ people’s cards

webfact

By THE NATION

800_eea5161e0b2cac6.jpg?v=1566477367

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered a thorough inspection of who is being issued the so-called “poor people’s” cards following reports of “rich people” being given these cards. 

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered a thorough inspection of who is being issued the so-called “poor people’s” cards following reports of “rich people” being given these cards. 

He said the issuing of the state-welfare cards must be checked every year from now on, citing complaints that some home and landowners have been issued these cards, which are reserved for people registered with the authorities as being poor. 

Prayut also pointed out that the government deposits money in these cards based on its policies, especially to offer help when the economy has slowed down or the gross domestic product has dropped, as has been done in the third quarter of this year. 

Hence, he said, the ineligible people who have been issued these cards should “give up what belongs to others”, so that “tax money can be used fairly by qualified persons”.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30375219

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-23

not unlike bush the 2nd infamous drug and prescription bill,

causing a huge national deficit indefinitely

without pinpointing who would be eligible for such a benefit,

instead it became free for everyone, regardless if they had the means or not.

but at the end of the day, bush was a lot dumber, for he never even bothered to make criteria in the first instance

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Greed has no bounds even among the rich elite friends of the government. I wonder how many of those members of parliament belonging to the billionaires club have one. 

59 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Greed has no bounds even among the rich elite friends of the government. I wonder how many of those members of parliament belonging to the billionaires club have one. 

I wonder how many of them claim to be Buddhists!

So How about Prayut and a load of his rich friends go to a temple and make merit by giving out a few million baht of their money to some poor people ??  No. will never happen cos they are all talk ! Don't care about the poor, as long as they grow the food they need.

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

I don't know about this poor card; but their is a MP who cried the "poor card" when she asked the Justice Ministry for help with bail. Thank goodness, [as revealed by her asset declaration] she has her millions back????

He said the issuing of the state-welfare cards must be checked every year from now on, citing complaints that some home and landowners have been issued these cards, which are reserved for people registered with the authorities as being poor.

The law is good, but they do pretty much all wrong. A great example is my mom in law. Only because she's got some rice fields, she can't have such a card. But she's poor and isn't that the reason why they started that?

If you own a few rice fields but you never make any money, you should be give such a card, not the rich bastards who don't pay taxes and use the 30 baht card when they're sick. Even if they could buy the hospital.

How many cards does Pinocchio's family have? 

My local "poor peoples shop" has its car park full of good cars/pick-ups nearly all day. If they can afford a car, (with petrol/diesel, tax, insurance and everything that goes with it) they cannot really be classed as poor. Some may go shopping with others, but many will have their own cars.

24 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

My local "poor peoples shop" has its car park full of good cars/pick-ups nearly all day. If they can afford a car, (with petrol/diesel, tax, insurance and everything that goes with it) they cannot really be classed as poor. Some may go shopping with others, but many will have their own cars.

I take my wife to the poor people's shop and shop for myself there as cheaper than a lot of other shops

Wife goes for her invalid sister and papa   

Mama miss out on the card is ovbiously classed as rich

Why I dont know, nearly 70 and works part time as a helper at the local clinic, about 2k a month pay

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

Could you please elaborate what they have to give up what belongs to others?

And while you are busy doing that please explain the situation in your own country!

I think it is obvious that Thaiwrath is referring to the money that was gained by the rich through corruption. Was certainly obvious to me!

This item is about Thailand, NOT "your own country".

6 hours ago, brokenbone said:

not unlike bush the 2nd infamous drug and prescription bill,

causing a huge national deficit indefinitely

without pinpointing who would be eligible for such a benefit,

instead it became free for everyone, regardless if they had the means or not.

but at the end of the day, bush was a lot dumber, for he never even bothered to make criteria in the first instance

This is Thailand and has nothing to do with the past practices of another country or its leader.

"Rich people" is wrong wording, it'e merely people that can manage, but still also manage to get a "poor peoples card" and support – I know examples, that's why I state so – and that was not the intention with the otherwise good approach from the government to aid people that have too little.

Sad to see the many comments bashing "rich people", the true rich folks don't have a chance to get near that card; and the benefits are anyway so small that the real rich people don't care the efforts to try to get a card.

3 hours ago, hansnl said:

And while you are busy doing that please explain the situation in your own country!

The democracy in Thailand? In my country there are regular free and fair elections and the constitution is not fixed to suit some special purposes. 

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

"Rich people" is wrong wording, it'e merely people that can manage, but still also manage to get a "poor peoples card" and support – I know examples, that's why I state so – and that was not the intention with the otherwise good approach from the government to aid people that have too little.

Sad to see the many comments bashing "rich people", the true rich folks don't have a chance to get near that card; and the benefits are anyway so small that the real rich people don't care the efforts to try to get a card.

Possibly he is referring to Thailands very own "Kulak" class:

Kulak - Wikipedia

"Soviet terminology divided the Russian peasants into three broad categories: bednyak, or poor peasants; serednyak, or mid-income peasants; and kulak, the higher-income farmers who had larger farms. In addition, they had a category of batrak, landless seasonal agriculture workers for hire."

10 hours ago, PatOngo said:

No surprises here, they rob from the poor, they rob from the disabled, they even rob from school children with virtual immunity.

eat-the-rich.jpg

Jonathan Swift : "A Modest Proposal"..

Congratulations, very apt.

7 hours ago, hansnl said:

250 Senate seats would be a good start.

Every politician is voted in by the population in my country.

Is the entire parliament a good enough example ?

Archived