Family cash support from Government

Tayaout

Is there any kind of program to help (cash) family with children in Thailand? We don't really need it but since my wife paid tax for many years we should take it if available. She has no idea if this is a thing. Where I come from it's a standard thing and it adds up to quite a lot at the end of the year. 

For people who have paid social fund contributions there is a monthly 600 baht payment per child, up to the age of 7 years old. This is payable for a maximum of three children.

The payment is not based on income, but on qualifying social fund payments.

The amount is paid into the parent's bank account on the last day of the month.

1 hour ago, marin said:

One kid would be 7200 baht a year, and this is to the age of 7. How do you come up with your 50,400 baht a year figure? I highly doubt you have 7 kids under 7.

I believe the OP meant that one kid for 7 years would work out to 50,400 baht in total.

As @blackcab says that about it, and if SS has been paid, I presume it should come automatically, it nothing has changed since we got it, however a number of years ago when it was 400 baht. We didn't ask for it, nor needed it, so I put the money into my child's savings account.

Archived