Australians and New Zealanders may soon be able to use Automatic Gates at Suvarnabhumi

webfact

On 8/26/2019 at 4:40 PM, G950 said:

If the NZ & AUD passport holders go through E-Gates, assuming it is programmed to the letter of the law,  does this mean "denied entry" with a valid Tourist visa will be a thing of the past? IE remove some IO's subjective opinion based on his/her bad hair day rather than an official policy.

I would think so. A machine won't be able to discriminate against people with multiple METV or SETV.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/23/2019 at 5:37 PM, ROGER DUNN said:

About Bloody Time Too, Was there a Couple Of Weeks ago There was 4 E Gates with One Thai Person Using it And Hundreds Of Tourists Waiting for Hours To get Through Waiting in Line. This is Unacceptable. Not a Very Good Impression For Visitors To Your Country. After a Long Flight we Don’t Need this <deleted> !!!

Waiting for hours...nonsense. Stop talking <deleted>. In seven years I have only waited more than an hour once. That's arriving every three weeks. The last few times I had to wait for my bags on the carousel. Swampy is Ok now.

On 8/23/2019 at 7:40 PM, BestB said:

I would say have compatible passport chips which allows for the system to work or be connected to some centralized system.

But still wondering how would entry stamps work. even for tourists

In Oz, you do not go through the gates automatically, when you off the plane, have immigration officer who looks at your passport and arrival card and directs you to either the gates or manual processing.

Anyone know how it works with Singaporean and HK now? 

nonsense. You scan your passport in the machine and get a ticket. then go through the gates.

The card you are talking about is the customs declaration. nothing to do with immigration.

On 8/23/2019 at 9:19 PM, phkauf said:

The situation at Swampy is unbearable. I left today around 9am and the line to go through immigration was backed up all the way to the security checkpoint. No line at security mind you, it was all at immigration.

It was insane and I would guess that 1/3 of the desks were not manned.

Why don't they allow those with METV to use the auto gates? That's the lowest hanging fruit to start with. Absolute morons running things.

leaving and arriving are two different things. I feel your pain re departures. I always allow 3 hours...as do most airlines recommend for international departures. 

On 8/24/2019 at 6:06 AM, ubon farang said:

Hooray its about time. How about getting all the booths Automated That will really speed things up. Have a few operated by officals.  1 thai doing the work and 3 watching walking around doing nothing Thailand it is a step forward Do it Don Mueng next

Australia has automated gates....but trust me there are still many people walking around...watching... and observing closely. Exactly the same as any international airport. You  mayhave noticed all those people standing around doing nothing when you get off the plane. They aren't doing nothing....you are being profiled. Happens everywhere. Went for a smoke at gate 7...official dude ordered 3 Indians back inside for a bag check. 

Has happened to me before.

On 8/24/2019 at 8:37 AM, dallen52 said:

This ties into the Thailand method of physically stamping passports still.

Which consumes pages for frequent travellers.

And obviously creates work, plus delays.

Plus the biometric finger scans, which already exist in the passport. 

And the multiple image facial recognition scan.

If my partner travels to Australia with me, NO visa sticker, NO entry or exit stamp. 

E Gates, incorporating the facial recognition scan, and a matter of minutes. 

UK still has a visa sticker for most overseas tourists and visitors. 

And arrival queues up to 90 minutes at Heathrow. 

There are no finger prints in the Aussie system. Wife can use her Thai passport in Oz. No fingerprints required. Just an electronic scan of face and passport bar code.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:43 AM, Thaifriends said:

Well described your point. So finally it is admitted that Australia is in Asia ????????????

Far far East, Further East, Kangaroo Asia and so on....... 

And we have been coming to the Philippines and Thailand for decades before you tossers from Europe.

You European pensioners are a new phenomenon for the Aussie tourist.

On 8/27/2019 at 6:53 AM, balo said:

Very strange indeed. What if you'e a wanted criminal and just robbed a bank in Sydney ?  

Facial recognition. Its real and has been used for a long time. Why do you think  Facebook was invented?

You will be on Facebook somewhere..guaranteed as will100% of posters on this forum no matter what they claim.

Archived