Cheap android device similar to iPod touch?

recom273

I have been building a few arduino based robots recently - they are controlled via generic apps on android phones.

I use apple idevices, and these apps don’t run on apple devices, so, I need to buy a cheap android device, rather than buying a phone and paying for the features I won’t use, has anyone seen a small Bluetooth enabled android device - like a mini tablet or music player in a tech hall anywhere?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Have a look here to get an idea on features, quality and prices. Then source from Ali Express or possibly Lazada and locally.
https://techtablets.com/recommended-chinese-tablets-brands/

It may give you a start.

Thanks .. I looked at a couple of sites like this earlier.

I had a cheap Huawei (phablet) tablet before, it would have been OK for this job, but as a phone or a tablet, it was useless - ended up giving it to the SIL.

Most of the tablets on that page were 5-6K, the same price as the Huawei, so I have my reservations about spending that much, fearing it to be useles. I saw a couple of funky looking kids tablets for 2,500 that looked a little better and had better form factor.

If I was looking at spending 5-6K I would want a small android based music player.

No doubt I will end up buying a second hand or cheap new android phone.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived