Renewal of Retirement visa-

Hi group. My name is John, just joined , but have been following forum for some time now for latest info. I'm a U.S. citizen, now that our embassy in Bangkok will not give out income letters, I've had to open a Thai bank account to wire my pensions here. Only problem is I'll have about 2 months of transfers from u.s bank to Thai bank account. Since it's a new law ( thailand wants to see 1 year of transfers ) I read that they'll give some leeway. Have to renew my visa in October. Any news about  Immigration waving the 1 year proof of transfers to thai bank.  My immigration office here in Sisaket said I would probably have to go to Laos and apply for a 1 year non o immigrant multiple entry, . Any info would be greatly appreciated-

It sounds like you want to apply for a 1 year extension of stay this October. It is not a visa though people often call it that. Are you currently here on a visa purchased outside of Thailand. Maybe an O-A visa?

Regarding your pension transfers. They have to be coded by the bank as foreign transfers. Have you checked to see if that is how the deposits are coded? They won’t count otherwise.

You probably have to ask your Immigration office what is acceptable. Leniency is by no means assured. And you may not need one year of deposits if this is your first 1 year extension. Ask about that too.

OP, thinking your mixing few things up. Sounds like you have extension of stay based on retirement. However if you have a non O-A visa and it is due to expire October you could exit los and reenter before expiry and obtain another 12 months.

If you are in fact after a 12 month extension from a non o or existing permission of stay based on retirement then few couple of months transfers won't cut it. Think your imm office has already suggested you will need to exit and obtain a non O. That gives you 90 day window to apply for 12 month permission of stay. 

Perhaps good option would be Thai consulate Vientiane.