Fingerprinting

Banana7

No.

First time I was scanned coming into to Hat Yai back in February, 4 fingers left, 4 fingers right, thumbs together. Since then arriving at Hat Yai and Suvarnabhumi they've just needed the one scan of 4 fingers. The system, at least with the airports, seems to be joined up.

My personal experience is as follows:-

When I recently flew from Khon Kaen to Siem Reap with Air Asia's "fly-thru" service, I gave a full biometric set of prints (4 fingers and 2 thumbs) with a photo at the Immigration Desk in Khon Kaen International Departure lounge. On my return all I had to show were the 4 finger prints of my right hand and a photo taken. Since then, I have flown to Yangon from DMK. On the outward journey there were only 3 Immigration desks open and the queue of passengers for early morning flights grew longer and longer, even back into the Check-in Hall! The biometric system was suspended and all we had to show were our passports, TM6 (Departure) and boarding cards. A photo was taken. No fingerprinting at all. On return from Yangon, prints of 4 fingers of right hand were checked and a photo taken. It appears to be a "hit or miss" situation depending on the number of IO's on duty and the number of passengers for processing.

3 weeks ago 2 of us returned from Europe. We stood in the same queue in fasttrack. Hubby got fingerprinted, I didn't. We both hadn't been f'printed in the past. 

39 minutes ago, Danthai said:

I Have not been fingerprinted yet because I haven't gone anywhere since fingerprinting started. When I leave and/or come back, what is the procedure I should follow so I don't double Queue coming or 

26 minutes ago, kevinmartyn said:

Absolutely scandalous and a true infringement of civil rights unless truely valid reasons for doing so!????

What's your problem? Do you think Thailand is the first country using fingerprints? If you have a new passport,you have 2 fingerprints scanned in it. 

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

What's your problem?

maybe if hes never  committed a  crime he feels its a  frikkin invasion of his  privacy  like those  effin body scanners........I agree  with him too. Once youve committed a  crime is  the only time they should be taking these things.

19 hours ago, treetops said:

Reports vary.  I had to do 4 fingers times 2 but no thumbs on entry at Friendship Bridge, Nong Khai this week following a full set at BKK 3 weeks before.

They don't have a clue about how many fingers are supposed to suffice. 4 should be enough.

For what it's worth, when I flew out from DMK a few days ago, only 1 out of 3 outbound immigration lanes I could overlook was using the fingerprint scanner. No idea why the others didn't work or weren't used, but it's quite surprising after such a short time in service. Amazing Thailand, fingerprint scanners that disintegrate after two months in operation.

I ended up in a lane where no fingerprinting was done. I, too, was curious if they were only going to scan the initial 4 fingers in my case, as I earlier had all 10 fingers scanned.

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

I gave a full biometric set of prints (4 fingers and 2 thumbs) with a photo at the Immigration Desk in Khon Kaen International Departure lounge. On my return all I had to show were the 4 finger prints of my right hand and a photo taken.

Ditto recent border hop at Nong Khai, going over the bridge.

Identical to the above.

Archived