Something has seriously changed here......

Isaanbiker

1 minute ago, DILLIGAD said:

The one I saw taking off from Surin Airport behind of stadium, was a proper ‘cockpit less’ drone. I was surprised to see how big it was having only ever seen them in news/tv pictures before. It looked like this....
IMG_4264.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may have. I do know what flew over me was what I posted.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Think AtB’s son was there too. I wasn’t dreaming, promise!

I have nodoubt that of what you say even if a beer or three were had.???? The ultralight that I posted...In about 1984 at the China Lake Naval Weapon Center Ridgecrest California where they recently had a major earthquakes as I drove to work I would see a group of 6 ultralights flying about 100 meters above the highway and crossing directly in front of me. There were two that had no pilot only equipment aboard. I was told by a very connected and good friend that I did not see anything. A few weeks later at the NCO club over drinks he told me yes they were developing drones. The ultralight as I showed only needs about 50 meters for take off and about 150 meters to land. East of Prasat off the 24 they were using a strip out in the paddies. The sound that their engine makes as I said is that of a rice grinder and can be heard 2 minuets out.

A comment on moderation has been removed. A repeat will of it result in formal warning.

Forum rule.

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

That's an ultralight not a drone.

I can fly one and had done so in good ol' Germania.

A double seater with a nice Rotax engine. Calling that a drone is a bit off. Flying these "kites" is a lot of fun.

It even had a parachute that would "theoretically shoot" out when emergency arises, but only if you're in the right height.

And it doesn't help you when you're starting and landing.

That's about the same model we flew a few days ago. 

It's fantastic, of course only if all works well.

It's very similar to riding a bike, the only difference is that you're riding your bike in the air. 

Trike_im_Start.jpg

The OP is about Immigration police attending an unnamed bistro in Sisaket. Immigration Police are looking for a particular farang who resides in Sisaket. All other farang in Sisaket have nothing to worry about. If you are the particular farang being sought, you are well aware of your "indesrection".

The police presence at the white bridge is simply looking for helmet use, proper tax certificates and drivers licenses. They are manned by regular police and should be no more worrisome than the Friday noon police presence at the Sun Hing corner, which one can set their clock by.

I don’t know what this persons ‘indesrection’ (new word) can be, but can you explain what law has been broken to causing this trouble for all the farangs in Sisaket.
Please name the Bistro too, as this might help your fellow Sisaket locals.

Some posts have been removed in which somebody is attempting to name and shame somebody.

We do not allow naming on shaming on Thai Visa because Thailand has very strict libel laws. If a third party believes he has lost business/revenue/profits because of something posted on this website, irrespective of what that party may or may not have done, Thai law provides an avenue for that party to sue this website for losses.

We do not want the headache, and therefore do not allow libelous material on this website.  Continue to post about this will earn a suspension.  You have been warned. 

18 hours ago, khwaibah said:

I have nodoubt that of what you say even if a beer or three were had.???? The ultralight that I posted...In about 1984 at the China Lake Naval Weapon Center Ridgecrest California where they recently had a major earthquakes as I drove to work I would see a group of 6 ultralights flying about 100 meters above the highway and crossing directly in front of me. There were two that had no pilot only equipment aboard. I was told by a very connected and good friend that I did not see anything. A few weeks later at the NCO club over drinks he told me yes they were developing drones. The ultralight as I showed only needs about 50 meters for take off and about 150 meters to land. East of Prasat off the 24 they were using a strip out in the paddies. The sound that their engine makes as I said is that of a rice grinder and can be heard 2 minuets out.

There's a Thai guy in Sisaket with a homemade dragon, a scary piece of dragon. No security, no second coil, no nothing.

A belt turns the rotor, if something goes wrong you're dead, no matter how high you are. ( Not from pot)  

There's a Thai guy in Sisaket with a homemade dragon, a scary piece of dragon. No security, no second coil, no nothing.

A belt turns the rotor, if something goes wrong you're dead, no matter how high you are. ( Not from pot)  

Is this him?IMG_1045.JPG

6 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Is this him?IMG_1045.JPG

Nope, but they look identical...he doesn't have a dragon with wings, it's just an ordinary 2 cylinder powered thingy with a propeller at the back. 

He used to have two of them down the road of the Sun Heng when he still had his motorbike repair shop. 

Archived