Pattaya: Walking Street bustling!

webfact

Pattaya: Walking Street bustling!

6pm.jpg

Pictures posted on the site of Pattaya City Law Enforcement (tessakit Pattaya) on Facebook suggested that business was brisk in the city's famed red light quarter of Walking Street. 

A tagline said jauntily: Where shall we go out tonight?  - the atmosphere in Walking Street at 9 pm. 

6pm1.jpg

Some Thai posters suggested that most of the people were Chinese and had just got off boats after trips. 

Source: Pattayacity2535

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-23

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Of course they would and even if they are, so what. IMO -  some folks feel putting down Thailand will make them feel better about their own country going down the toilet..

They would because it's true. 9pm on Walking Street sees hoards of Chinese tourists following the flag and taking selfies.

Why does it matter? Because they don't spend a penny there.

Just now, from the home of CC said:

and who's the big spenders lol, I believe they're all headed to the Philippines or Vietnam..

Well, I haven't seen any in Pattaya lately, so you could be right. If I were coming to SE Asia with a wad of money, I think Vietnam would be my first choice of destination. Followed by Cambodia. Phillipines? Nah.

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Of course they would and even if they are, so what. IMO -  some folks feel putting down Thailand will make them feel better about their own country going down the toilet..

Yes, of course.

Or make them feel better about their own sad little lives.

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Well, I haven't seen any in Pattaya lately, so you could be right. If I were coming to SE Asia with a wad of money, I think Vietnam would be my first choice of destination. Followed by Cambodia. Phillipines? Nah.

I was there Wednesday!!!

No seats in Pinups, Bliss quite busy. 

As is often the case Walking St busy with looky-loos, but that is okay. The popular GGBs were as ever doing okay, the weak ones not busy. Cracking time for a night out, they are keen to get your baht!

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I was there Wednesday!!!

As is often the case Walking St busy with looky-loos, but that is okay. The popular GGBs were as ever doing okay, the weak ones not busy. Cracking time for a night out, they are keen to get your baht!

???? GGB ????

I had to google that one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GGB_(company)

What's the connection with this thread?

I live within 5 min of walking street , yes jammed packed as usual , with mainly Indians and chinese , just walking , up and down .. 

you can sit in a bar and see the same people go past maybe 5-6 times .... one things for sure they are NOT spending any money period ....    they obviously take the term as it’s stated ‘ walking street ‘ .. 

6 minutes ago, Howiehotspur said:

I live within 5 min of walking street , yes jammed packed as usual , with mainly Indians and chinese , just walking , up and down .. 

you can sit in a bar and see the same people go past maybe 5-6 times .... one things for sure they are NOT spending any money period ....    they obviously take the term as it’s stated ‘ walking street ‘ .. 

Sounds like amazing fun, it would be perfect if they overcharged for drinks too.

Eh?

Oh, nevermind, it IS perfect!

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I was there Wednesday!!!

Sounds amazing,knee to knee with a roomful of international slack jawed LDOP's.  

Sounds like a good craic, or crack as you say.

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

They would because it's true. 9pm on Walking Street sees hoards of Chinese tourists following the flag and taking selfies.

Why does it matter? Because they don't spend a penny there.

But ... I've seen photos of them spending a penny.

45 minutes ago, Howiehotspur said:

Sure you're not stretching it just a tad? 5 to 6 times.. Chinese look all the same to me how can you tell which one is walking past?

nice hobby but that's the very last thing I would be doing in walking st

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Go Go Bars... it is what Walking St is mostly comprised of.

I asked you:

???? GGB ????

I had to google that one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GGB_(company)

What's the connection with this thread?

Ah, now I understand.

Brothel, bordello, house of ill repute, knocking shop, creep joint, crib, massage parlour, bawdy house, disorderly house, house of prostitution, house of ill fame, bagnio, stew.

In Pattaya???

Archived