BANGKOK
3421abc

TM30 done today @ CW - asked for power of attorney from condo owner

Thank's for the update on this, i've been in the same place for 5 years but my name has never been on the rental contract so i was wondering if this would ever be an issue.

• Like 1

If your name is not on it, then it's not your contract.... they should have refused it. You must have made such a fuss there for them to accept it !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I too was at Chaeng Wattana today doing a TM30. For what it’s worth, I’d like to share that I asked if a TM30 was needed despite not being away more than 24 hours as I just flew out and came right back. They said yes, it is still required.  Lastly, despite having my contract with my name & the owner's, was asked for a power of attorney as well. But, still able to file successfully.

Edited by Solinvictus

4 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Lastly, despite having my contract with my name & the owner's, was asked for a power of attorney as well.

why ? and why did the io file anyway?

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

Strikes me as utterly bizarre that it is seemingly possible in LOS for 1 of the parties to a rental contract (i.e. the renter) to be not even mentioned by name in it! TIT par excellence, I wonder??

The 'head of the household' may sign the lease on behalf of the whole family. So for example, the wife and children may not be named on the contract. There is nothing strange about that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thanks for the trip report, OP.  Just a few questions: 

What time did you arrive at CW immigration?

What queue number did you get for TM30? 

Also, what time did you finish?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So if you don't have a TM30 form lodged, and you arrive at CW to apply for a 30 Day extension to a 30 day Tourist visa exemption, you now have to go to the TM30 desk first?

people asking for some basic rights in this country and all they do is show who is boss and create more S.H.I.T

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The straw breaking the camel's back is not far away - trust me on this! 

I fear you are right.

Most of their historic rubbosh was bluster and nonsense but like Laurel and Hardy they bounder from one mistake to another and because of patronage their fellows and subordinates simply kiss their asses and smile.

Edited by SGD
  • Like 2