TM30 done today @ CW - asked for power of attorney from condo owner

I too was at Chaeng Wattana today doing a TM30. For what it’s worth, I’d like to share that I asked if a TM30 was needed despite not being away more than 24 hours as I just flew out and came right back. They said yes, it is still required.  Lastly, despite having my contract with my name & the owner's, was asked for a power of attorney as well. But, still able to file successfully.

Edited by Solinvictus

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

Strikes me as utterly bizarre that it is seemingly possible in LOS for 1 of the parties to a rental contract (i.e. the renter) to be not even mentioned by name in it! TIT par excellence, I wonder??

The 'head of the household' may sign the lease on behalf of the whole family. So for example, the wife and children may not be named on the contract. There is nothing strange about that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The straw breaking the camel's back is not far away - trust me on this! 

I fear you are right.

Most of their historic rubbosh was bluster and nonsense but like Laurel and Hardy they bounder from one mistake to another and because of patronage their fellows and subordinates simply kiss their asses and smile.

Edited by SGD
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, atyclb said:

i one travels outside of thailand for a couple of weeks (retirement visa 1 year extensiuon) and have a fixed address must they also do a TM30 in addition to giving airport immigration their address?

YES. Read about the TM30 and watch the very entertaining video on youtube

• Like 1

12 hours ago, atyclb said:

i one travels outside of thailand for a couple of weeks (retirement visa 1 year extensiuon) and have a fixed address must they also do a TM30 in addition to giving airport immigration their address?

Yes, within 24 hours of arriving at that address on returning. 

Although people living under the jurisdiction of Jomtiem/ Chonburi have not been required to do it. 

• Like 1

I am really confused by the variety of information provided on hese forums about the TM3o. It's my understanding it's the establishment owners responsibility to file the TM30 not the renter or visitor. The fine is given to the owner not the visitor. Now when you have a situation where only one partner of the couple is on the paperwork it is that persons responsibility.  WHere am I not connecting the dots on all these comments about having to file TM30's for yourself????? 

2 hours ago, Dan O said:

I am really confused by the variety of information provided on hese forums about the TM3o. It's my understanding it's the establishment owners responsibility to file the TM30 not the renter or visitor. The fine is given to the owner not the visitor. Now when you have a situation where only one partner of the couple is on the paperwork it is that persons responsibility.  WHere am I not connecting the dots on all these comments about having to file TM30's for yourself????? 

You are correct (owner of property is responsible to file). But many if not most landlords just don't and when you renew or extend your visa at immigration they will ask for a receipt that the owner filed the TM30, if you don't have this receipt or landlord didn't file they make you pay the fine for the owner and file yourself. You are the one left to resolve the mess and pay the fine.

On 8/23/2019 at 5:42 PM, sussex said:

The 'head of the household' may sign the lease on behalf of the whole family. So for example, the wife and children may not be named on the contract. There is nothing strange about that. 

Strikes me as highly unlikely that @3421abc or @JaiDeeMakh are the spouses or offspring of a household head named in "their" rental contracts, though!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 12:54 PM, JaiDeeMakh said:

Thank's for the update on this, i've been in the same place for 5 years but my name has never been on the rental contract so i was wondering if this would ever be an issue.

They are really tough about the TM30 at CW Immigration. It varies in other provinces.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:48 PM, Wake Up said:

My owner filed a TM30. I travel a lot and will not be filing anything when I continually return to my condo. So maybe next year they fine me 800 baht. Consider it an increase in the extension of stay from 1900 baht to 2700 baht and forget about it. Not worth getting upset over. Threatening to leave Thailand over an extra 800 baht a year is crazy IMO. Worrying about it and getting pis@ed off is also crazy. So I buy three less lady drinks a year. Chill people chill. Prices go up. 2019 is not 2009 and it will not be the same in 2029. Don’t let your life be controlled by the small stuff. ????????

Hear what you say, but, as far fetched as it may seem what would think about when you re-new and someone having a bad hair day goes through your PP and adds up all your out/ins in the year and decides to fine for each one at 800 baht a go??

11 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Hear what you say, but, as far fetched as it may seem what would think about when you re-new and someone having a bad hair day goes through your PP and adds up all your out/ins in the year and decides to fine for each one at 800 baht a go??

You could have been staying at a hotel or guesthouse who didn't submit the TM30. Not your problem as a tourist. Another story if you're an expat and have to visit you local Immigration office. 

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You could have been staying at a hotel or guesthouse who didn't submit the TM30. Not your problem as a tourist. Another story if you're an expat and have to visit you local Immigration office. 

If your travels are in country yes, who will know where you've been if nobody does a TM30, but, some may do 3/4/5 day visits to neighbouring countries and that is shown in your passport and the big electric quessing machine that all Imm' organisations in all countries have now.

The whole TM30 needs to be scrapped!

It is not about being fined, not about all the additional paperwork you are faced with, or the inconvenience. It is about how it makes all foreigners automatically persons of suspicion of being criminals or undesirables and feeling unwelcome by the Thai government. 

I doubt if any of the purposeful overstayers, criminal wanted by Interpol, ever filed a TM30. So the Bulls..t of needing it for National Security, is just an overblown crock of s..t.

Even the foreign media sources, including those in China, see it for what it is. It is to make the legitimate, law-abiding Expats feel unwelcome.

No longer the "Land of Smiles" now the "Land of Suspicion".

I visited CW yesterday to apply for a 30 day extension.

The owner of the property I live in has not lodged a TM30 form and when asked they reply that they have no idea about the requirement.

So I filled out the usual TM7 form, got my ticket and waited to be called.

Ticket was called, I handed over my paperwork/passport/payment, she scrolled through my history, and that was that.

The process was no different to the last time in May, and I received my extension stamp without a word said about the TM30.

Decided to poke the bear at that point, and asked a different IO on the way out about the reporting, the response was "we are not enforcing this at the moment, but if the owner will not register TM30 you should move to another place." My partner had arrived by this point, she asked in Thai how they were alerting the general Thai public to the revived requirement and the possible penalty  TV, radio, newspaper?  She said it's online, they can read.

krusty.jpg.c2fdc38c323174edc1ef38e8240e0ecc.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

If your travels are in country yes, who will know where you've been if nobody does a TM30, but, some may do 3/4/5 day visits to neighbouring countries and that is shown in your passport and the big electric quessing machine that all Imm' organisations in all countries have now.

Yes, you're correct. But we know what we have to do when coming back from abroad. It's no surprise even if it sucks.

25 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

I visited CW yesterday to apply for a 30 day extension.

The owner of the property I live in has not lodged a TM30 form and when asked they reply that they have no idea about the requirement.

So I filled out the usual TM7 form, got my ticket and waited to be called.

Ticket was called, I handed over my paperwork/passport/payment, she scrolled through my history, and that was that.

The process was no different to the last time in May, and I received my extension stamp without a word said about the TM30.

Decided to poke the bear at that point, and asked a different IO on the way out about the reporting, the response was "we are not enforcing this at the moment, but if the owner will not register TM30 you should move to another place." My partner had arrived by this point, she asked in Thai how they were alerting the general Thai public to the revived requirement and the possible penalty  TV, radio, newspaper?  She said it's online, they can read.

krusty.jpg.c2fdc38c323174edc1ef38e8240e0ecc.jpg

In several immigration offices they want to see the "Receipt of Notification" (you get it when submitting the TM30). Mine is stapled in my passport and I always copy it when I do my 1 year extension. Just another paper in the pile. 

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

In several immigration offices they want to see the "Receipt of Notification" (you get it when submitting the TM30). Mine is stapled in my passport and I always copy it when I do my 1 year extension. Just another paper in the pile

When we realised the owner wasn't going to do anything we registered online ourselves, waiting on the logins for a while now.