Pattaya: Thai man paid 840,000 baht for a write-off

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/23/2019 at 1:03 PM, spidermike007 said:

Not just getting your money back from a car dealer. Getting your money back from nearly any Thai person is tantamount to a miracle! 

Unless it is family, trusted friends, and the like. Have you tried getting a refund on a product? Or getting your deposit back on your house or apartment? Sure, there are honorable people here. But, for some reason, there are alot that have an easy time taking your money, and a very, very hard time giving it back! 

On 8/23/2019 at 3:38 PM, spidermike007 said:

Nah. I use it maybe 4 hours a week at most. The thing should last 20 years. Not like it is being used in a gym. Home Pro is totally responsible as they sold the product. I am not expecting warranty service, and am willing to pay for the service, which they are obligated to provide. I do not live in Bangkok so finding a local repair facility is just not feasible, nor reasonable to expect. And I do not make a habit out of "throwing away" 3 year old, 30,000 baht items. I leave that for the wasteful, multi millionaire types. 

Spidermike Too right and what's more they try to make you out as the guilty one and tell a pack of lies

On 8/24/2019 at 12:08 PM, VocalNeal said:

Technically once you have given money to another person or party it is no longer yours. So the term "your money back" is a misnomer.

On 8/26/2019 at 9:05 AM, brianthainess said:

My friends ex got the money back on "their car" she stole it and got the money back from the same dealer. hence EX.  ????

On 8/26/2019 at 9:05 AM, brianthainess said:

My friends ex got the money back on "their car" she stole it and got the money back from the same dealer. hence EX.  ????

1000 per cent correct and somehow they make you the guilty ones with a pack of lies and yes many feel Karma will come in to play. really. I do not know anyone with this??

Given the disorganization in Thailand, so what if the vehicle had been written off?  In the USA you may not be able to get it insured, or even registered, but that does not seem to be an issue in Thailand.  If the vehicle now checks out OK and works OK, just suck it up and continue with it.  Obviously the resale might be an issue later if the guy tries to sell it, but for the right price somebody could buy it later

Archived