Cost of abdominal (kidneys) CT scan in CM?

happysanook

Sriphat has an ordinary ct scanner which is probably good enough and a ct/pet scanner which is world class and may be about 50k. a normal ct scan is probably around 10-15k. You can also  get the normal ct scan done at Ram (less queuing) and they will also give you a price over the phone. probably about 15k.  I had mine twice at BCH, Bangkok. The stuff they give you to prep you ( totally cleanse bowels if that is necessary) costs about 5k too. feel free to pm me

Obviously we dont know why you asked about CT scan, but did you already go down what I would call the preliminary route of having the ultrasound imaging first.

You certainly get a general examination of all those abdominal organs, kidneys,bladder, pancreas, prostrate,liver in their all round check ups for 5k.

I have an annual check up at Rajavej so I know the exact size of my kidneys and the volume of other bits.

I suppose if the ultrasound highlighted a problem the next step would be the CT

Agree with eye-catcher, unless you have been specifically prescribed CT, ultrasound will clearly show measurable anomalies in the kidneys for something like 1400baht in the Ram. You will also get a detailed scan of prostate, liver, pancreas etc as part of the deal. Very useful.

Think the CT abdo there is abt 8000-12000.

Bangkok Hospital CM was 12,079 Baht on April 5th 2016

Also had their Ultrasound before that & it was 4170 baht

I do not recommend them

While I was on the table getting contrast dye shot into my veins right before scan a nurse tried to get me to sign a form

I can read enough Thai to know it was permission  for an additional  nearly 20k baht

I asked nurse in Thai what was going on?

She said back in Thai doctor thought maybe some additional tests would be good.

I told her in no uncertain terms forget it

Like the others said, get an ultrasound first. There is a very good x-ray/radiology clinic on the utility road that runs parallel to the Super Highway, between Teppanya Hospital and Central Festival on the same side of the road. Very large sign, you can't miss it. Many well-known doctors and several hospitals send their patients there, many arriving in ambulances. They are very good and not at all expensive.

CT scans, like MRI's are expensive. I had two taken after an accident, they were about 12-15K Baht each as I recall - and that was years ago.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/บริษัทเอ็กซ์เรย์คอมพิวเตอร์เชียงใหม่+จำกัด/@18.8083275,99.0147784,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipME8Da3GR2c0HEJnkmsKUd7Hn2iJN_QmQVOkbR8!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipME8Da3GR2c0HEJnkmsKUd7Hn2iJN_QmQVOkbR8%3Dw203-h270-k-no!7i3456!8i4608!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sx-ray+clinic+chiang+mai!3m4!1s0x30da25548b61333d:0x35dcedce549e07a0!8m2!3d18.808474!4d99.014877?hl=en

OP may want to do a bit of online research - which will reflect several studies that a CT scan is no more accurate in detecting kidney stones than an ultrasound.

I've had kidney stones three times and twice had them removed in the US and all that was done beforehand was an ultrasound exam.  I also had (likely still have) a cyst on one kidney and they kept an eye on that for many years (again, using only ultrasound).  

<snip>Your government hospital can do the CT scans at a faction of the price. Same machine same skilled tec,( prob the same working p/T were you go!) same fluid intakes and injections, they will even put it on a CD for you to take to another hospital. In fact my Government hospital has just built a new department for a brand new MRI machine. I can think of a dozen good things I could spend the money you give them, that would benefit my wife and kid much more!

7 hours ago, phetpeter said:

<snip>Your government hospital can do the CT scans at a faction of the price. Same machine same skilled tec,( prob the same working p/T were you go!) same fluid intakes and injections, they will even put it on a CD for you to take to another hospital. In fact my Government hospital has just built a new department for a brand new MRI machine. I can think of a dozen good things I could spend the money you give them, that would benefit my wife and kid much more!

That is simply not true in regard to specialized radiology procedures. For other things like the ultrasound and endoscopy, then I agree. The MRI machines (especially the newer ones) cost upward of 75 million THB. MRI's are very expensive - even in government hospitals. For example: an MRI of the prostate using the endo-rectal coil costs 25,000 Baht at private hospitals while the government hospitals charge 22,000 Baht and the queue is upwards of 3 months.

On the Middle Ring Road (Highway 3029) going east midway between Highway 107 and the river is Chiang Mai MRI on the north side of the road.  I've had a couple MRIs done there. 

Because of trees occluding their clinic, the street view is not as helpful as it could be.   https://goo.gl/maps/oqMbPSWwyEpYuvSy7

GPS: 18.841846, 98.980167

Their website says they're open every day from 8:00-8:00. 

Chiang Mai PC Imaging Center Co., Ltd.

259 / 7-9 Somphot Road,

Chiang Mai 700 years,

Moo 5, Don Kaeo Subdistrict,

Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai 50180

Tel. 053-122609-11
Phone 085-723-3529

34 minutes ago, MrBrad said:

On the Middle Ring Road (Highway 3029) going east midway between Highway 107 and the river is Chiang Mai MRI on the north side of the road.  I've had a couple MRIs done there. 

Because of trees occluding their clinic, the street view is not as helpful as it could be.   https://goo.gl/maps/oqMbPSWwyEpYuvSy7

GPS: 18.841846, 98.980167

Their website says they're open every day from 8:00-8:00. 

Chiang Mai PC Imaging Center Co., Ltd.

259 / 7-9 Somphot Road,

Chiang Mai 700 years,

Moo 5, Don Kaeo Subdistrict,

Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai 50180

Tel. 053-122609-11
Phone 085-723-3529

Good for some things, yes. But they don't do procedures there like MRI's inside your body.

Archived