arrived and deport at Don Mueng airport

1st Arrivals? or Returning to LOS from malaysia? Repeated trips?

Anything untoward happen during the flight?

ID'd by the crew for something?

now that you're safe (wherever you are now) take a good photo or scans of relevant page(s) from your Passport(s).

Once there are enough pieces of the puzzle...someone might be then able here to venture forward with constructive opinion?

Try to recount here what the questions were made towards you both? Brainstorm yourselves what you both heard...

There are so many new members creating just one post and never reply to all the answers. It sounds fishy to me.

Do you think 6 Thai officers are so free to wait for you to arrest you just because you don't have enough money to go into Thailand?

Unless you committed a serious crime like terrorism, encouraging separatism etc. or known overstayers.

There are thousands of tourists everyday who they don't check whether they have enough money or not.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

It could not happen as reported.  if it was a bust, the Police inevitably tell the pax to stay in their seats until the suspects are taken off, that is for their own security. You can't arrest people on an airbridge when 200 + other people are trying to get off and into the terminal.  If it was a routine Immigration issue, it would have been picked up at the immigration point. The report, if that's what it is, makes no sense at all. 

The 'never happened to me, never seen it happen and all immigration officers in all countries arrest suspects in their seats or at the immigration gates so must be a troll' post-of-the-day award goes to...

I concur with BestB. Have seen many times a group of uniformed people standing and watching disembarking passengers at either end of the rather long metal corridor connecting the plane door with the airport building (not sure if it is termed exactly "airbridge" - never met this word before). They looked like they were ready to grab someone.

16 minutes ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

I concur with BestB. Have seen many times a group of uniformed people standing and watching disembarking passengers at either end of the rather long metal corridor connecting the plane door with the airport building (not sure if it is termed exactly "airbridge" - never met this word before). They looked like they were ready to grab someone.

Ready to grab somebody.

Doesn't that convey a sense of pre-knowledge about someone who is not a welcome guest?

1 hour ago, BestB said:

You assuming OP knows the difference ????

Or his ar*e from his elbow.

It's nonsense. Having said that, they at least didn't let them get to immigration and send them to the back of the queue for not filling in a TM6 hey? ????

23 minutes ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

The 'metal corridor' as you describe it is the airbridge, or aerobridge, or in some airports a Jetway.  It has many different names, but does the same thing, as a movable, steerable connector, from aircraft door to the terminal.  

• Like 1

I have seen it in Thailand, at the very end of the bridge. It also happened to me once in Paris, also at the end of the bridge, I was just asked my passport and they asked where I was going, he didn't use any system to check my info either, said Holland with the train and then they let me walk. Formal immigration took only seconds. 

Aside of this story being true or not, I notice them everywhere nowadays, it feels uncomfortable even you know to be legit.
Same with the dodgy check points in BKK at night nowadays, always passed trough but seen farangs stripping down to underwear on the street at 3AM.

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Not on the airbridge it isn't. 

No, but where I’ve seen it happen is on the walkway as you go to immigration. After you get off of the airbridge. However, I have seen someone get arrested on the airbridge. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pilotman said:

What a tall story, good laugh though. People don't get stopped on an air bridge by Police for any reason, never mind no reason.   Try again.  

I have flown in to Bangkok and witnessed Immigration officers stopping people on the air bridge on more than one occasion. As I recall, at least one time they seemed to be stopping all of the young (20 something) Indian / Indian-looking males. So it's not a tall story at all!

Edited by mstevens
  • Like 1