Blocked to extend tourist stamp

10 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

As it‘s all about Kharma in Thailand. Sooner or later she we meet a farang who has influential contacts in Thailand. Contacts who will make her loose her face and that will end in a desaster for her. Hope she will get that encounter sooner than later.

She's been getting away with it for a while. Same one I encountered in 2014 when the visa exempt problems started. Nasty piece of work.

Edited by mngmn

8 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

You would need to be outside the country when you posted the video or be prepared to face an ugly backlash,as I’m sure they would attempt trace down the IP address for investigation 

Wth their IT skills? Good luck with that.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ryanhull said:

I guess the head in that room was a very angry tom boy

They all are

i have problems with them i have never ever met a polite civil one yet maybe its drugs they take or the corset they wear  to flatten their chest is too tight ,or simply  maybe just something wrong with them.

Either way they are trouble!

Edited by poohy

I got a hard time at Don Mueang with a woman IO a while back telling me I not do things right. Without going into too much detail she eventually gave me 60 days so why all the fuss. 

What gets me is you get a tourist Visa from the Thai Embassy and pay for it so why should it be questioned when you get to the airport and in some cases denied entrance. Surely this should be done on application with a reason for denial? 

Also if they were going to put me in a locked room I would request to see someone from the UK Embassy.

Normally when I go to Thailand I stay in a hotel for the first night and have a flight booked for the next day to Roi Et so that would be less of money just because of the neanderthal methods in Thailand 

20 hours ago, ryanhull said:

Just like in the west, people break up.... I would not change having my son in any case he is the best thing in my life and I 100% look after him. I appreciate your entitled to your own opinion I just think your wrong. I might also add my ex wife and I have a good friendship still and she does not use our son as a pawn, which alot of women in the west would. If you read my post, you would see I do raise my son here, he is a very clever young lad and very happy with life, and I also take full responsibility for him including paying his school fees and the rest. I think that is kind of going off topic of my post however and to be quite frank is none of your business. Thanks all the same though.

That's good and I hope (your business really) you have a long-term plan so that you can be near him for the long-term future. 

Yes visa stuff is getting complicated which is why it's in your best interests to put the time into building a plan which can bring long-term success and happiness all round.

Do you work here at all? Have you considered legally working here with the aim of getting PR? Just some thoughts.

22 hours ago, ukrules said:

Someone should get this kind of treatment on video and publish it far and wide on the internet.

I wonder if I can buy a tiny wireless video camera that can be hidden inside a pair of glasses, etc and record onto a phone - something like this would be perfect to expose all sorts of crazy stuff that goes on.  I'm going to buy one of these if I can find it.

Concealed in sun glassses, got mine at Pantip Plaza in Bangkok. I for get the price but between 1100 to 1500 baht. Takes photo or video. Can also Google SpyPens, they look like an ordinary pen but will record audio and video/photosSpyPens.jpg.36ea5514f1a6be47c593b3ee1b21c69a.jpg69433058_2615384618548814_1448381792481443840_n.thumb.jpg.40b1871f15cf627b6255983449ecd09d.jpg

Edited by Tony125

55 minutes ago, dougiemac52 said:

Also if they were going to put me in a locked room I would request to see someone from the UK Embassy.

Good luck with that. They won’t be interested in helping someone being denied entry.

59 minutes ago, dougiemac52 said:

What gets me is you get a tourist Visa from the Thai Embassy and pay for it so why should it be questioned when you get to the airport and in some cases denied entrance. Surely this should be done on application with a reason for denial? 

And what happens if the applicant cleans their passport to blag a visa and the IO then sees the full history when they try to enter. 

A visa does not guarantee entry. The decision is always down to the IO.

MFA website: “10.  Royal Thai Embassies and Royal Thai Consulates-General have the authority to issue visas to foreigners for travel to Thailand.  The authority to permit entry and stay in Thailand, however, is with the immigration officers.  In some cases, the immigration officer may not permit foreigner holding a valid visa entry into Thailand should the immigration officer find reason to believe that he or she falls into the category of aliens prohibited from entering Thailand under the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).”

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ukrules said:

Someone should get this kind of treatment on video and publish it far and wide on the internet.

I wonder if I can buy a tiny wireless video camera that can be hidden inside a pair of glasses, etc and record onto a phone - something like this would be perfect to expose all sorts of crazy stuff that goes on.  I'm going to buy one of these if I can find it.

Was just thinking the same. Would make a good TAT commercial. 

• Like 2

On 8/23/2019 at 5:23 PM, ryanhull said:

My question is, has she really blocked my extension? would you try anyway?

I'd try and extend, same as usual.

They can only say no.

And if they do say no, just fly to HCMC and get a 90 day non-o to see your son.

No financials required, just his birth cert and copy of his house book entry.

Edited by BritManToo

3 hours ago, elviajero said:

A visa does not guarantee entry. The decision is always down to the IO.

MFA website: “10.  Royal Thai Embassies and Royal Thai Consulates-General have the authority to issue visas to foreigners for travel to Thailand.  The authority to permit entry and stay in Thailand, however, is with the immigration officers.  In some cases, the immigration officer may not permit foreigner holding a valid visa entry into Thailand should the immigration officer find reason to believe that he or she falls into the category of aliens prohibited from entering Thailand under the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).”

I agree with your sentiment, however, I cannot condone the behavior exhibted by Tha Immigration Offices when denying eyntryy.   They need to treat each indivudal with  dignity and courtesy and with a full explanation of why they are being enied entry.  

Raising one's voice. speaking in a hostile manner; using the Immigration law that does not apply to the situation and generally acting in a manner which places the aplicant in a situation that cannot be  apealed showed a complete lack of  professionalism and actually is against the Thai Constitution and the Immigration Law.

Eventually, some person entering will  ;use an audio or video and place this on social media and it will expose the unprofessional atmosphrer and that single video will go viral and destroy Thailand's tourism industry for decades. That clock is ticking .

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 2:39 PM, ryanhull said:

Hi BuckBee it was, quite a nasty piece of work makes me wonder if it is the same women, I think she was quite high ranked, fairly old looking, very prison warden type look to her

On what basis do you judge her as "very prison warden type look to her"? Been in prison to have such great insight about a warden's looks? There is some section of immigration law that says convicted felons are not to be allowed in this country. They should really think about interlinking immigration databases with those of international police systems. Hopefully in the future.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, dougiemac52 said:

What gets me is you get a tourist Visa from the Thai Embassy and pay for it so why should it be questioned when you get to the airport and in some cases denied entrance.

Is there not a possibility that the Embassy has lesser facilities to check you out, than the Immigration Officer at the airport? They work for completely different government offices. 

More surprising is that a person is hassled, then let in anyway! 

On August 23, 2019 at 8:21 AM, BuckBee said:

Maybe a relative 555 , but on serious note the higher ranking tom at don muang is quite a nasty character.

I work for company doing IT equipment and spent a few days in that airport and it quite a drastic change to what was even 18 months ago .
I think a jew would of had better treatment with fake documents trying exit germany in 1942 .

Give a woman a badge and watch out! Give a Tom a badge and it's to a whole new level!

On 8/23/2019 at 6:20 PM, ryanhull said:

Thanks for the reply, you mention I will be able to get the extension as I normally do, she specificly said I was not allowed too, shes wrote something wierd below the entry stamp in Thai, are you saying like a few of my friends in Thailand have also said I will be able to get an extension its just talk? or do you think she did block me from being able to get it? I guess only one way to find out right heh

I am actually going to get the none O in the UK as I know the lady in the Thai Embassy so called her, she said she would have one almost waiting for me as my mum is able to do the majority of the paper work for me and has a copy of my sons birth cert etc, also she mentioned its easier in Hull as I do not need the Thai bank account like I would in Cambodia, infact I have tried to get a Thai bank account twice now and they always reject me, one for not having a proper visa I think the other time was another reason... its silly you need a thai bank account to get a none o, yet you cant get a Thai bank account without a visa right? anyway I planned to go back to the UK with my son for my brothers wedding so it just makes sense to get it done in the UK I am sure its far easier. Sorry to babble on but I guess my main question is just wondering if I can extend or if she has blocked that possibility? I mean why would she lie? maybe just to annoy me or make my life difficult but like I say if she is bluffing me then I would go early to extend say this Monday just so i am not doing it last minute and then being rejected if that makes sense, thanks alot.

You can apply for a 90 days Non-immigrant O Dependancy Visa based on having a child living in Thailand. No Thai bank account needed, but If you extend it 1 year after 60 days,then you need 400000 baht in a Thai bank account. Maybe you should apply for a new passport before the visa application. 

Edited by Max69xl
typo

So just to confirm, you’re gonna go ‘undercover’ deliberately get the wrong visa ( or no visa ) go out of the country and then try to re -enter JUST so you can record the situation you’re gonna put yourself in?

Sounds awesome, looking forward to this, pls post the video and audio recordings.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 6:19 AM, Max69xl said:

You can apply for a 90 days Non-immigrant O Dependancy Visa based on having a child living in Thailand. No Thai bank account needed, but If you extend it 1 year after 60 days,then you need 400000 baht in a Thai bank account. Maybe you should apply for a new passport before the visa application. 

Dependency doesn’t come in to it. The visa or stay permit would be issued based on relationship (father).

9 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Dependency doesn’t come in to it. The visa or stay permit would be issued based on relationship (father).

The OP states he's got a kid in Thailand.

The Dependancy Visa goes two ways. He'll get his because of his Thai kid and he just needs the birth certificate and 40k/month. But they have to stay together.

5 minutes ago, Max69xl said:
19 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The OP states he's got a kid in Thailand.

The Dependancy Visa goes two ways. He'll get his because of his Thai kid and he just needs the birth certificate and 40k/month. But they have to stay together.

It's not a "Dependency Visa". It's a visa/permit based on relationship.

MFA:

3. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA  

1. REQUIREMENT

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes:

- other activities (Category "O") as follows:
to stay with the family, to perfrom duties for the state enterprise or social welfare organizations, to stay after retirement for the elderly, to receive medical treatment, to be a sport coach as required by Thai Government, to be a contestant or witness for the judicial process.

Police Order (Extension of stay permit): " 2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children):"

Also, FYI. You don't need to live with the child to get a Non-immigrant O visa as a father.

And there is nothing in the rules that says you have to live with the child to get a 1 year extension of stay as a father - although most offices would want proof you do.

Just being named on the birth certificate is enough to get a Non O visa, BUT you need to be the legal parent to get a 1 year extension.

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:

It's not a "Dependency Visa". It's a visa/permit based on relationship.

MFA:

3. NON-IMMIGRANT VISA  

1. REQUIREMENT

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes:

- other activities (Category "O") as follows:
to stay with the family, to perfrom duties for the state enterprise or social welfare organizations, to stay after retirement for the elderly, to receive medical treatment, to be a sport coach as required by Thai Government, to be a contestant or witness for the judicial process.

Police Order (Extension of stay permit): " 2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children):"

Also, FYI. You don't need to live with the child to get a Non-immigrant O visa as a father.

And there is nothing in the rules that says you have to live with the child to get a 1 year extension of stay as a father - although most offices would want proof you do.

Just being named on the birth certificate is enough to get a Non O visa, BUT you need to be the legal parent to get a 1 year extension.

I guess English is not your first language. If you know how to use Google then you you'll understand what a "Dependancy Visa" means.

In this case the Thai kid depends on his father,and of course he has to be the legal father,otherwise you won't get the visa. He can get the 90 days Non-immigrant O without financial requirements with the birth certificate, but need at least 40k/month for the 1 year extension. He can also get a work permit.

Several posts mentions "Dependancy Visa", not only me. You have to be more observant.

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

I guess English is not your first language. If you know how to use Google then you you'll understand what a "Dependancy Visa" means.

555. Back at you!

Thai immigration do not care whether or not you financially support the child. They are only interested in proof that you are the father (visa) and legal father (extension).

I don't need google. I have already provided you with the actual MFA and IB definitions of the basis the visa or permit is issued.  

In this case the Thai kid depends on his father,and of course he has to be the legal father,otherwise you won't get the visa.

He can get the 90 days Non-immigrant O without financial requirements with the birth certificate, but need at least 40k/month for the 1 year extension. He can also get a work permit.

Wrong again. You do not need to be the "legal father" to get a visa.

Several posts mentions "Dependancy Visa", not only me. You have to be more observant.

Just because people repeat something doesn't make it right. There is absolutely no requirement whatsoever to prove that you are financially supporting the child.

The financials are to prove that you can support yourself during the 1 year stay.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1