snoop1130

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

No mention of any dismissals at the Bank then, theft usu

ally results in at least that

The accountant working at the hotel my daughter works at,got the sack for

for fiddling the books,got a job working in a Bank......

regards Worgeordie

14 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

No mention of any dismissals at the Bank then, theft usually results in at least that

Your joking right? Troll post? The guilty party isn't sacked they are promoted for showing ingenuity. 

As much as I tend to dislike social media, especially these days with the nefarious and horrific misuse of twitter, by a certain unnamed individual (individual #1), there is some good that can come of it. This is a good example. There is the aspect of shaming, that can force a company or a family, or an individual to do the right thing. That is glorious, when that happens. It is an exceptionally good platform for that kind of thing, which was not an option ten years ago. 

14 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

She opened the account in the name of the bank teller for convenience.... I.Q. of a durian.

That's not the way I read it. It appears to me that her dad's money was in his bank a/c...in his name, but for convience sake...she opened an A/C in her own name and lodged the money there  instead, plus the extra money for his care. Obviously more convenient?

This is a common ruse that raises its head every now and again.

The customer needs to open an account. The bank officer behaves very friendly and gets the customer 100% confident in the officer's integrity.  The employee says she (he) will complete the paperwork later. The customer is asked to sign, and as she now has full trust in the employee, she thinks it very normal for the account details to be completed out of hours. When the bank has closed for the day another name (bank employee or other) is inserted into the account. The now dual account reads that either party can transact.

There was a big case in Spain a few years back involving ten of millions of Euros.

9 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

I have 5 million missing from mine !! Will they give me it back if I post on social media or will I end up in jail for defamation !! ????

You will end up in jail for trying to steal the money from the bank because you know that you do not have any money. :cheesy:

13 hours ago, Seismic said:

I didn't get any bloody interest when the 550,000 was returned to me after they confirmed the withdrawals were an Inside job !!!!

I'll give you some interest.

:laugh:

Tell me what happened, I'd like to know.

16 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

She opened the account in the name of the bank teller for convenience.... I.Q. of a durian.

And grossly unethical for the teller to do that. In Thailand today I and my family double check every transaction, double check the balance in bankbooks and in the internet banking account, both balance and every transaction. I wouldn't trust any Thai bank with 1Baht. 

And double check / query everything that the service desk staff tell you when you open an account.

some realities:

- It's not true that it's law in Thailand every savings account has to have an ATM card and a debit car.

- It's not true that the service desk officer is only allowed to use 1 form per new account (cannot destroy a wrong document and start a new document).

- It's not true that  the service desk ar required by bank policy to ask the new customer to sign a blank application form, and 

It's no true that the service desk officer is not to complete blanks but signed) application form until after the bank has closed for the day.

All of the above is connected to 1 specific branch of a very high profile Thai bank.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

She initially received a phone call in the morning from the bank that its headquarter would look into the case and the investigation would take a week only to receive a call a few hours later telling her to collect the repayment and interest totalling Bt901,854.05 at 2pm. 

Just to keep the bad press to a minimum !!!

16 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

If I were a durian I might be misled into reading it that way, but I am not! I understood it to mean that the account was opened in the name of the daughter, the one who made the complaint to the police. 

3 hours ago, 30la said:

It is absolutely not right to withdraw the complaint, someone in that bank steals money from customers hoping to get away with it!

She withdrew the complaint against the bank. She did not make a complaint again the teller because she had no idea who took her money. The bank will handle the dishonest employee. She is happy she got her money back and it was a bank employee’s fraud which happens in banks all over the world. Think about it ????????

3 hours ago, 30la said:

It is absolutely not right to withdraw the complaint, someone in that bank steals money from customers hoping to get away with it!

If the complaint was originally against the bank then they have more or less admitted liability for the missing money by repaying it. The criminal complaint should now be made by the bank and against the (ex) employee as the bank is now the aggrieved party.

1 hour ago, kevinmartyn said:

Any "Bank" in the world will hold their hands up and admit to ANY wrongdoing! Fact.????????????

I have represented banks and their insurers all over the world. Despite your zeal to criticize Thailand or banks this thai bank handled the situation exactly like most banks in the world would have handled it. The bank will prosecute the thief quietly without much publicity that they do not want. Banks always need time to investigate theft and when a teller steals money from a customer, the bank or their insurer always pays it back to the customer. And they don’t want publicity like this. But humans steal and it is an issue for banks and all businesses. No fool proof way to stop some humans from stealing. Cost of doing business and hiring employees   

21 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Just to keep the bad press to a minimum !!!

The bank handled this situation exactly correct. Bunch of guys commenting on this post with biased and lack of any real world business theft knowledge. 

Archived