Does eTM6 work?

Just trying it now at departure lounge overseas and put all info in and it says "You data is invalid please check you data again. ACCEPT" and no indication what is wrong with the correct data I have entered?

Back to the paper version I guess.
I tried using it about a month ago and got the same message as you got. I double checked everything and couldn't find anything wrong, so I gave up.

20 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Back to the paper version I guess.

You have to print it out anyway so I don't see any point to it. If they do it properly (e.g. fill in details > produce barcode/QR code/whatever > scan at passport control) then I might install it again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

You have to print it out anyway so I don't see any point to it. If they do it properly (e.g. fill in details > produce barcode/QR code/whatever > scan at passport control) then I might install it again.

It does produce a barcode and should fill in some details by scanning the machine readable zone of your passport (if you can get it to work).

4 minutes ago, treetops said:

It does produce a barcode and should fill in some details by scanning the machine readable zone of your passport (if you can get it to work).

But you still need to print it out to hand to the Immi Officer no?

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

But you still need to print it out to hand to the Immi Officer no?

I'm pretty sure you do.  The app. just allows you to do it at your leisure, automates part of the process and copies information from arrival side to departure side to prevent entry duplication.

3 hours ago, Salerno said:

You have to print it out anyway so I don't see any point to it.

How do you know this - did you get it to work and printed out something? It's an Android app on my smart phone and gave me no indication I needed access to a printer. It also accepted all my input data - displayed it, but then gave me no clue what was 'invalid' about my input.

So I used the TM6 paper method. BKK airport has to have one of the worst immigration experiences in the region? Slow.

18 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

How do you know this - did you get it to work and printed out something? It's an Android app on my smart phone and gave me no indication I needed access to a printer. It also accepted all my input data - displayed it, but then gave me no clue what was 'invalid' about my input.

So I used the TM6 paper method. BKK airport has to have one of the worst immigration experiences in the region? Slow.

If by region I can include KLIA2 when the queues can be horrendous.. I dread the place unless our AirAsia plane is  very late and misses all the other arrivals..  ..

10 hours ago, The Stranger said:

Exactly.

Sent from my oppo f9 using Tapatalk

Exactly contrary to Singapore for those who are admissible to the eArrival card on the application, you just show your passport to the officer.  No need printer or paper. 

Image result for singapore arrival card

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

What is the use of using the computer to fill a TM6 online if you still need to print it.

It just make you use your own paper and ink. Better fill the TM6 during the flight.It will be easier for them to tear up the Departure card to staple in your passport. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 4:31 AM, treetops said:

It's an Android (or Apple) app. not a website.

Immigration works fine with Safari (Apple)

I thought that was my problem when doing 90 Day online but turns out it wasnt..........90 Day online works fine now on Safari.

On 8/25/2019 at 1:09 PM, cnx355 said:

What is the use of using the computer to fill a TM6 online if you still need to print it.

It just make you use your own paper and ink.

Ease of data entry by scanning your passport (if it works) and reduces data being entered by copying name, DoB, Passport No. and nationality from one section to another.  It also appears to enter the data into Immi computers when scanned, perhaps saving that being done later.  That doesn't help me or you but presmably makes things easier for Thai immigration.

Agree regarding using your own paper and ink, and ease of seperating the two sections to allow departure card to go into passsport.