thai girl friend ( in making ) never texts first...is it a "thai" thing

toto69toto

Course it could be she is happy for you to make all the running, if the relationship develops over time, then she may show more initiative, right now you are a guy somewhere on the internet

Maybe she is waiting for the situation to step into reality......

If she is into online selling she will be busy marketing her products, communicating with potential buyers/customers, arranging deliveries, hence while she may not get he urge to contact you after a day on the internet, she is happy to respond.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I met a girl online and we have been texting and video calling on messenger for about 4 weeks now.All signals clearly show me we both fell for each other. Only thing that bothers me is, she never texts me first, always waits for me to text.When I do , she's very kind and nice and responds almost right away. When I asked her about that ,she said, I don't want to disturb you. When I say ,that I don't want to disturb her either , she always repeats; you never disturb me baby...any ideas how to read this.She knows I like her a lot and that I have bought a ticket to fly there and have booked a hotel-showed her both bookings. Now I haven't texted or called for 2 days and haven't heard from her either...Curious to see how far this would go...

Depending it’s possible she’s texting other people including other boyfriends.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/23/2019 at 1:40 PM, toto69toto said:

She knows I like her a lot and that I have bought a ticket to fly there and have booked a hotel-showed her both bookings.

Tell the hotel it's a room for two, otherwise they'll charge you 1000 THB per night for the lady. ???? 

15 hours ago, ylmiri said:

You are lucky you got a lady. I had this gay thai man who was so nice to me, at first I didn't know he was gay because he doesn't look like one or behave like one. And he didn't show any sexual interest.

However when I got a new girl friend and he saw the photo, he started to shout abuse at me. Saying i am an old man and my <deleted> is not hard anymore , all sort of things.

So I had to block the whatsupp on the phone.

more and more of TV posts start to look like the wall of lamentations

10 hours ago, 473geo said:

Well if the guy is piissing around after only 4 weeks 'testing' her by not texting and maintaining his interest - looking to catch her out, is he really worth the bother?

Building expectations on internet affairs, is quite a tricky one. It can be a good solution if you are bored or lonely, but, I do not know. Internet relations is only an internet relation, and should not expect to much before after first and second meeting. 

52 minutes ago, balo said:

I would think she is busy communicating with 10 other boyfriends. You  are only a priority if you send her some money.  

Why would you think that, rather than as in the 'old days' just playing hard to get??

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

Building expectations on internet affairs, is quite a tricky one. It can be a good solution if you are bored or lonely, but, I do not know. Internet relations is only an internet relation, and should not expect to much before after first and second meeting. 

Exactly, so cut the suspicious, 'testing' <deleted>, relax, and go with the flow see where it leads.........

No wonder the phrase was coined, "farang think too much"!!

Good god, hasn't even been on the first date, and is being advised by strangers on his not yet girlfriend who they don't even know!!!

How well does she speak/write English? 

While there are Thai women who learned English at school and at legit. jobs, there are many others who speak English 'suspiciously well'. 

Most 'good' Thai girls will struggle to hold a conversation in English and often can write English better than she can speak it.

Thai women who speak English well usually fall into one of two categories,

1 - Middle/upperclass girls who went to EP or International schools and then either went to University abroad or worked at a company where they interacted with many foreigners.

2 - Women from poorer backgrounds who work in bars and talk to foreign men all day long and often become quite fluent.

Having said that, if she works in a tourist area selling clothes, she might have a good reason to practice her English day after day and become fluent that way.

Create a new email with a legit name, and send her an email telling her you are coming next week, and did she make plans.  When she asks you who you are, make up a name and tell her you had to change your email because you got hacked.  

See how quickly she adapts and starts to make plans.

On 8/23/2019 at 10:06 PM, Traubert said:

It's quite simple really.

It's very difficult to compose a text message when you're on all fours with some big, drunk, hairy, fat farang smashing the granny out of you.

HTH.

why does it has to be an big, drunk, hairy, fat farang smashing her, maybe a young stud does it

37 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Create a new email with a legit name, and send her an email telling her you are coming next week, and did she make plans.  When she asks you who you are, make up a name and tell her you had to change your email because you got hacked.  

See how quickly she adapts and starts to make plans.

some of the Thai girls have the best memory when it comes to who they have met, and who they have talked to, and what they have talked about. Never underestimate their memory. Thats a big mistake! 

On 8/24/2019 at 2:13 AM, toto69toto said:

Thanks again. This is so far the most reasonable answer, even though it's more like an analysis to why she's not writing first. I appreciate it. I have a few of those on my own. My main interest was to find out if there was such thing as: Don't worry all thai girls are like this, they wait for you to write...or the one that the first guy wrote ( was it Kummit-don't see his name now)... no, it's not a thai thing and if she don't write , she's not into you...that's it. In that case , then money it is ????  BUT, I'm sure most of those guys venting out here and just doing the "guy at the bar talk", think the same what you wrote, but didn't bother with the "velvet" approach and just gave me the wet rag slap ???? Well, I can take it, it's all right. Cheers and all the best.Thanks again for this nice and civilised comment.

One thing that really turns a girl off is a guy who appears needy and desperate.  That seems to be you.  You hardly know her and already making demands.  Now if she's about getting paid, then of course she'll be a bit more patient and cordial. 

If this girl is even slightly attractive, then for sure she'll be communicating with at least a dozen other guys.  And most of these guys are in-country.  Since you've never even met this girl, not sure why you would think you're anything special to her.  You're just one more guy making grand promises.   

Thai woman,What do you expect from them , if you only come once a year and doesn't speak Thai very well ?  you want her to stick with you and call you day and night ? . My advise to you is to calm down and take your time to call her. She's not your daughter to be known " tam arai yoo krub" all day long.

Archived