30 day visa extension at immigration?

I thought there will be a sticky on this where the only threads I can find are very old.

Passport: Australian

I've always arrived in Thailand with a Tourist Visa where after 2 months, I usually go to immigration in order to extend it for 30 days before leaving the country.

This time I arrived without a Tourist Visa for the first time. After 30 days, can I go to Immigration and extend the visa for another 30 days? How does it work? I'm hearing conflicting information...

39 minutes ago, organicman said:

CW?? TM30??? 

I just had a friend say I can go to Immigration and extend for another 30 days.... I don't know what to believe.... 

I'm only bumping this so you can obtain better advice. The whole tm30 thing is very dependant on the imm office your going to. In the past CW never required tm30. They do now. Other office for eg Jomtien only required tm30 for tourist visa extensions and not long term xpats annual extensions. Not sure as I don't deal with that office. 

15 minutes ago, organicman said:

No one knows the answer to my question?? 

If you are concerned about the TM 30 report, I know this is a pain but, book into a hotel that will report you staying by them submitting the TM 30.

Go to Imm' the next day and fill in the application form they will provide, 1900 baht and your passport and they will stamp 30 more days that will start at the end of your initial 30.

If you are staying, at the moment, in a guest house or hotel they may have done the TM30 report already. Ask them to give you the info' on it and take it with you.

19 minutes ago, overherebc said:

If you are concerned about the TM 30 report, I know this is a pain but, book into a hotel that will report you staying by them submitting the TM 30.

Go to Imm' the next day and fill in the application form they will provide, 1900 baht and your passport and they will stamp 30 more days that will start at the end of your initial 30.

If you are staying, at the moment, in a guest house or hotel they may have done the TM30 report already. Ask them to give you the info' on it and take it with you.

Isn't this a Catch-22 - how will you know that the hotel will report you? What would happen (rhetorical question coming up) if you simply took along your receipt and the hotel hadn't reported you ever/yet?

3 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Isn't this a Catch-22 - how will you know that the hotel will report you? What would happen (rhetorical question coming up) if you simply took along your receipt and the hotel hadn't reported you ever/yet?

Ask and they will show you the details.

13 minutes ago, organicman said:

I'm in Chiang Mai, how much does it cost to enter Burma or Laos? 

You can apply for an e visa on line for both.

Long time since I've done both to be honest, ball-park figure around 30 to 50 dollars??

Careful if the website quotes as much as 90 as they are just passing on your info for you.

Someone on here will soon post the official site addresses.

5 minutes ago, organicman said:

How many times can I do a visa extension at Immigration these days? 

You can do ONE extension 30 days on any given setv or visa exempt stamp. In other words you obtain 2 setv and 2 visa exempt entries you can extent each one by 30 days. 1900 baht each time. 

OP, your initial question was asking about an extension. In reality how long you wish stay los.