Trump presses U.S. companies to close China operations

rooster59

12 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Someone should be digging through the constitution to find out the ways of dealing with, and ultimately, removing a president who is plunging into senility at an ever growing rate.

No need to dig...25th Amendment, Article 3.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxxv

Can't see pence stepping up, more likely he's kneeling and praying for a miracle (stroke, or OD).

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, dcutman said:

Typical, childish response from a Trump hater. You must feel good you are not alone.

I don’t hate the mentally ill I feel sorry for them and try to be compassionate unfortunately this one can do damage to my country that I love

As a Norwegian I find it hilarious. He is piling up the tariffs...for the americans to pay. He is essentialy creating inflation in the US through tariffs. The US doesnt have the infrastructure to "take home" the industry they so happily outsourced in the late 80s, throught the 90s and early 2000s.

The US Economic house of debt-cards will come crashing down. Its inevitable. The US GDP has been inflated over many years so the real Debt-to-GDP ratio is much higher than is shown in official statistics. This was done throug instruments like hedonic methodology.

My expectation is that the second that Saudi Arabia and/or OPEC opens oil-trade in other currencies than the USD, then the US is truly <deleted>.

7 minutes ago, RobbyXNorway said:

As a Norwegian I find it hilarious. He is piling up the tariffs...for the americans to pay. He is essentialy creating inflation in the US through tariffs. The US doesnt have the infrastructure to "take home" the industry they so happily outsourced in the late 80s, throught the 90s and early 2000s.

The US Economic house of debt-cards will come crashing down. Its inevitable. The US GDP has been inflated over many years so the real Debt-to-GDP ratio is much higher than is shown in official statistics. This was done throug instruments like hedonic methodology.

My expectation is that the second that Saudi Arabia and/or OPEC opens oil-trade in other currencies than the USD, then the US is truly f****d.

Not only doesn't it have the infrastructure to do so, but alternative locations like Vietnam don't have enough workers to do what the Chinese are doing. Nor the technical abilities.

Manufacturers Want to Quit China for Vietnam. They’re Finding It Impossible.
Global companies are rushing to seek alternative bases, only to find even promising countries like Vietnam don’t match up

https://www.wsj.com/articles/for-manufacturers-in-china-breaking-up-is-hard-to-do-11566397989

As for the claims about hedonic methodology understating inflation...Under the aegis of MIT something called the Billion Prices Project was launched. Essentially it tracked inflation by gathering prices from commercial internet sites. All the folks who believed, as you do, got very excited about this project. They were sure that the Bureau of Labor Statistics was understating inflation. You know what the Billion Prices Project found? That the BLS had gotten it right all along.

http://www.thebillionpricesproject.com/us-online-price-index/

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

President Donald Trump said on Friday he was ordering U.S. companies to look at ways to close their operations in China and make more of their products in the United States instead, sending U.S. markets down sharply in a new rhetorical strike at Beijing as trade tensions mounted.

But not until after Christmas eh...

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Bill Reinsch, a former senior Commerce Department official, said Trump had limited options to force U.S. companies to quit China, and it would make little economic sense.

Makes little sense?

That is also a consistent feature of many of trump’s, for want of a better word, ideas. 

2 hours ago, RobbyXNorway said:

My expectation is that the second that Saudi Arabia and/or OPEC opens oil-trade in other currencies than the USD, then the US is truly <deleted>.

That is when he really spits out the dummy and goes to war...alone

1 hour ago, dcutman said:

Typical, childish response from a Trump hater. You must feel good you are not alone.

You, OTOH, must feel very alone as so far you're the only poster who's defended the latest idiocy of the traitor in the WH.

1 hour ago, dcutman said:

A Trump supporter going on about childish responses while trying to defend Trump's childish responses.

Just another day on TVF.

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

You are correct in that his stupidity has been with him throughout his presidency, however, the level of it has not been consistent, but rather is increasing exponentially.  Someone should be digging through the constitution to find out the ways of dealing with, and ultimately, removing a president who is plunging into senility at an ever growing rate.

25th.

21 minutes ago, Becker said:

You, OTOH, must feel very alone as so far you're the only poster who's defended the latest idiocy of the traitor in the WH.

Nah, it pays 1,200 Rouble an hour

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Does Trump understand the free market and capitalism?

3 hours ago, dcutman said:

Apparently he understands it much better than yourself.

I may be wrong but I doubt whether Berkshire has taken $400 million of the family prostitution money and turned it into a bankrupt business.

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Trump is losing what's left of his mind.  Yet, his brainwashed supporters will still try to defend the indefensible.  Does Trump understand the free market and capitalism? 

Well he understands that it's OK to not pay his staff and to cheat fee paying university students and ... 

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Hopefully Ivanka has been recalled from vacation in Wyoming to soothe daddy, or at least distract him.

I suspect Biarritz will go up in flames.

trump will storm out and head to Moscow for a warm shower.

"Trade wars are good, and easy to win."

Given your talking about the trump, your first (in particular????) and third paragraphs made me go uurgh... yuk!

6 hours ago, mikebike said:

So... the Fed makes a rational statement in the morning and the market stabalizes. Later the same day 45 goes off on the Fed, rants about China, and gives a royal proclamation to corporations and the market panics and drops 600 points. So much winning.

Worlds greatest negotiator! The chosen one. LOL.

6 hours ago, mikebike said:

So... the Fed makes a rational statement in the morning and the market stabalizes. Later the same day 45 goes off on the Fed, rants about China, and gives a royal proclamation to corporations and the market panics and drops 600 points. So much winning.

It was not a good day.

1274293598_chinabitingback.png.8a95675eb5136ae318b0ba0d7681999f.png

Archived