Trump presses U.S. companies to close China operations

rooster59

1 hour ago, Guitarzan said:

I stand corrected, the US is the largest producer of oil in the world.

In the context of this thread and since we are talking of China, and reference to dictators, safe to assume other countries = China. At least that's my take on it.

Largest Producer is right.

You write before:

China has no oil, the USA is the largest exporter of oil in the world, just to put it into perspective."

Largest exporter is wrong.

And if you look at the producer list:

China is on Rang 5

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=709&t=6

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

The theft of USA intellectual property is serious and it is not an isolated event.  China lets USA companies spend billions in research and development and then engages in active espionage to steal those trade secrets to enrich China at the expense of the USA. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/1-in-5-companies-say-china-stole-their-ip-within-the-last-year-cnbc.html

CNBC.JPG

not only corporations, small business as well as my (unfortunately) IP was taken by one of them,

31 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

The theft of USA intellectual property is serious and it is not an isolated event.  China lets USA companies spend billions in research and development and then engages in active espionage to steal those trade secrets to enrich China at the expense of the USA. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/1-in-5-companies-say-china-stole-their-ip-within-the-last-year-cnbc.html

CNBC.JPG

It's not just the US that is suffering from technology theft and trademark infringement. 

A common approach of all concerned industrialized countries would have been much smarter.

Trump's ill-considered egomaniacal

cowboy quick shots in all directions have been absolutely stupid.

The chance China collectively put in the barriers was gambled away by Trump.

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

Berkshire, arguing with liberals is like trying to eat jello with chopsticks.  You don't have enough paper and enough crayons to graph it for them.  Despite the fact that the USA economy under Obama was a disaster and today it is the best in 60 years they hate Trump just because they dislike his persona.  China has stolen U.S. intellectual property for decades costing the USA untold hundreds of billions.  They want "one way" free trade.  No restrictions on their products being sold in the USA but huge impediments to any foreign products that might have a negative impact on Chinese factories and workers.  It is a shame that there is this mud slinging between the two countries but if the presidents who proceeded him all the way back to Nixon had some balls and stopped the unfair practices administrations ago, there would not be these problems today.  

Excellent summary. 

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Looks to me from body language that Merkel is giving Trump an earful and he doesn't like it. Reminds me of the scene in the film Downfall where one general is telling Hitler that Steiner couldn't attack the Russians due to a lack of manpower, all the other generals agreed but didn't dare say anything.

Well, to me it just looks like an 800 lb Silverback with her knuckles on the table is being smirked at by about four or five others on the right hand side.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I estimate his IQ to be around 90-95. Remember what his college professors said about him? And though he managed to pass the bachelors program, he could not get into the MBA program, as he just did not have the brain power to do so. So he quit after the bachelors degree. If you think about it, this puts him at a disadvantage with nearly any European or Asian leader he negotiates with. In the case of guys like XI, the disadvantage is probably in the neighborhood of 80 IQ points. 

Endlessly repeating such "estimations" is juvenile. I estimate that you haven't got a any qualifications to assess such things. That you hype other world leaders is cute, but equally nonsensical.

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Despite the fact that the USA economy under Obama was a disaster and today it is the best in 60 years they hate Trump just because they dislike his persona. 

I note that you must be a "trump liker" to come up with a statement like that and simply ignore the facts which your statement does not support. It is also pertinent to note that the US was in a dire predicament when Obama came to power because of the recession caused by the housing and banking financing (debt) fiasco.

Allowing the powerful bankers and investment banks to oversee their own regulatory parameters meant that they were able to do whatever they wanted to make themselves money, and the CDOs were a prime example of this. Very important to note that when Obama came to power he introduced regulations which should have stopped any of this happening again, but guess who removed them so that it simply can.....YES, you've guessed it, the orange clown.

Anyway moving on to the US economy: –

– Job gains were more under Obama (after the recession) than they have been under trump.
– The unemployment rate is at a half-century low, however that has been falling steadily since 2011 and if you look at the graphs you will see that it has continued in that way and trump is made no difference to the steady decline.
– Trump told America he could do better than Obama with regards to growth, however his record is so far, similar.
– The Dow Jones industrial average was up 46 percent at this point in Obama’s presidency vs. 25 percent for Trump. Stocks soared under Obama, and he ended his White House tenure with one of the best gains of any president in modern history.
– The trade deficit has grown under trump although he campaigned on bringing it down.

Much more evidence to prove that your statement bears about as much truth and credibility as the majority of the statements by your beloved trump!

@spidermike007

Thanks for demonstrating once more your penchant for commenting decisively on issues you're less than familiar with. None of what you posted got a whole lot to do with your "estimates". And the same goes in the other direction, when praising pretty much any leader that's not Trump.

Trump might be a moron. He's certainly not well-read, and his grasp of details seems sketchy. Doubt that this can form the basis for an accurate "estimate", all the more so when applied by a hyperbolic and partisan layman.

Some of the rants here read like school kids stuff.

6 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Largest Producer is right.

You write before:

China has no oil, the USA is the largest exporter of oil in the world, just to put it into perspective."

Largest exporter is wrong.

And if you look at the producer list:

China is on Rang 5

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=709&t=6

China has domestic oil reserves?  5 is pretty low on the scale for an upcoming super power. 

China is extremely vulnerable, and dependent on importing oil from the Middle East through the straights of Mallorca, through the South China Sea.   The US is self sufficient. Trump achieved that last year. 

Thus, the reason China has its sights set on dominating south east Asia. 

8 hours ago, DLock said:

That's all you define as "significant damage". 

You Left are just terrible at debates. Terrible.

I am more than happy to engage in well reasoned and logical debates, but most of you are just triggered, emotional and uneducated.

Please try harder and I may give you a response.

Fail.

Yes exactly so! 

I particularly like it when they call Trump Stupid, and try to guess his IQ, when not a single one of these clowns could hold a candle to Him. He won an election against all odds, defeated an attempted coup and now the hunters have become the hunted. He has turned around the economy, when Obama himself said he would need a magic wand to get GDP above 1.5%. They keep calling him stupid, this is why he will win again in 2020. 

5 minutes ago, Guitarzan said:

Yes exactly so! 

I particularly like it when they call Trump Stupid, and try to guess his IQ, when not a single one of these clowns could hold a candle to Him. He won an election against all odds, defeated an attempted coup and now the hunters have become the hunted. He has turned around the economy, when Obama himself said he would need a magic wand to get GDP above 1.5%. They keep calling him stupid, this is why he will win again in 2020. 

Thanks for the capital in 'him', I'm sure the chosen one will appreciate that.

9 minutes ago, Guitarzan said:

I particularly like it when they call Trump Stupid, and try to guess his IQ, when not a single one of these clowns could hold a candle to Him.

I particularly like it when you capitalize the "h" in him... makes your postings much more credible.

1 hour ago, Guitarzan said:

Yes exactly so! 

I think you have hit it on the head! I admire your bravery to speak up! Have you ever considered the Chi-coms are being mislead to believe by Mr. Trump's opposition, that His, is a 4 year term  and they have been told to wait him out by the globalist?

Judging by the Cicomms reactions to Americas tariffs, its obvious imop  

11 hours ago, Guitarzan said:

Yes exactly so! 

A wildly inaccurate summary of Trump's performance.  I especially like "He has turned around the economy...".  No, the economy is pretty much chugging along as it did under Obama.   https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp

When Trump triggers a recession he will have turned around the economy.

BTW, it was Trump who made the magic wand claim: "Trump misquoted Obama when he claimed that the former president said, “President Trump would need a magic wand to get to 4% GDP.” "  https://www.factcheck.org/2018/09/trumps-bungled-twitter-attack-on-obama/  But we already knew you, like Trump, aren't a stickler for facts.

26 minutes ago, heybruce said:

A wildly inaccurate summary of Trump's performance.  I especially like "He has turned around the economy...".  No, the economy is pretty much chugging along as it did under Obama.   https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp

BTW, it was Trump who made the magic wand claim: "Trump misquoted Obama when he claimed that the former president said, “President Trump would need a magic wand to get to 4% GDP.” "  https://www.factcheck.org/2018/09/trumps-bungled-twitter-attack-on-obama/  But we already knew you, like Trump, aren't a stickler for facts.

Triggered.

On 8/24/2019 at 7:49 AM, Berkshire said:

Trump is losing what's left of his mind.  Yet, his brainwashed supporters will still try to defend the indefensible.  Does Trump understand the free market and capitalism? 

globalization ONLY works if war is NOT an option?  I suggest you take a minute maybe even longer to digest that thought.  we are in the crosshairs of a war about to start because china won't accept the FACT that the entire south china sea is not theirs.  when this war starts, what do you think will happen to all foreign assets in mainland china?  when this war starts, what do you think will happen to all these american companies that didn't pull out because they feel they should be supporting china?  do you know what treason is?

mind you, president trump didn't start this war, china did.  and by golly, the rest of the world will end it.  afterwards, china will have no more friends. and their delusions of grandeur for the chinese empire will end forever.  no more belt and road dreams.  the end.

all these foreign companies in china should take the hint from president trump and get out NOW.  that's the smart thing to do.  ..while they still can.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

the reason the economy was not dying under obama is because it was propped up with the money he borrowed during his 8 years in office.  let me remind you, he DOUBLED the total debt in 8 years.  from 9 trillion to 21 trillion.  look it up.

the reason why the economy is doing great under president trump is because he pulled back all the environmental regulations and allowed the country to harvest all the oil and coal that is in it's borders.  he also pulled back all the taxes that prohibited companies from wanting to do business in the usa. 

those are the FACTS, bro.

" when this war starts, what do you think will happen to all foreign assets in mainland china?  when this war starts, what do you think will happen to all these american companies that didn't pull out because they feel they should be supporting china? "

When this war starts, do you know what happens to the world?

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

" when this war starts, what do you think will happen to all foreign assets in mainland china?  when this war starts, what do you think will happen to all these american companies that didn't pull out because they feel they should be supporting china? "

When this war starts, do you know what happens to the world?

tell china that.  I doubt they will listen to you.  china won't listen to reason.  they think everything that was ever owned by their ancestors is rightfully theirs now.  it reminds me of how the ottoman empire thought back when they existed.  do you know where the ottoman empire is now?  ottoman empire lasted from 1299 to 1922.  they don't exist now.  erdogan for the last decade and more has been pushing for the rebirth of the ottoman empire.  an empire that believed it's purpose is to wage war against all non-muslims until they submit to islam. not joking.  look it up.  all you need to know the history of what happened is to look it up on the internet.  man, I love the internet.

38 minutes ago, DEKEM said:

globalization ONLY works if war is NOT an option?  I suggest you take a minute maybe even longer to digest that thought.  we are in the crosshairs of a war about to start because china won't accept the FACT that the entire south china sea is not theirs.  when this war starts, what do you think will happen to all foreign assets in mainland china?  when this war starts, what do you think will happen to all these american companies that didn't pull out because they feel they should be supporting china?  do you know what treason is?

mind you, president trump didn't start this war, china did.  and by golly, the rest of the world will end it.  afterwards, china will have no more friends. and their delusions of grandeur for the chinese empire will end forever.  no more belt and road dreams.  the end.

all these foreign companies in china should take the hint from president trump and get out NOW.  that's the smart thing to do.  ..while they still can.

Is there any company that buys more product from China than the one owned by the Republican Walton clan? If Trump wants to put real pressure on China he should get  his fellow party members in line.  As for the rest of the world going to war with China don't hold your breath since the USA has become the most despised country on earth in the last year and a half. 

34 minutes ago, DEKEM said:

the reason the economy was not dying under obama is because it was propped up with the money he borrowed during his 8 years in office.  let me remind you, he DOUBLED the total debt in 8 years.  from 9 trillion to 21 trillion.  look it up.

the reason why the economy is doing great under president trump is because he pulled back all the environmental regulations and allowed the country to harvest all the oil and coal that is in it's borders.  he also pulled back all the taxes that prohibited companies from wanting to do business in the usa. 

those are the FACTS, bro.

Obama inherited an economy in total free-fall which many feared was heading to a new great depression.  He also inherited a $1.4 trillion deficit from President Bush's final budget.  The economy turned around under Obama and the deficit declined to $585 billion in FY 2016.  https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

Trump slightly, and temporarily, revved up the economy with a massive tax cut, but drove the deficit up to $778 billion in FY 2018 and is expected to run trillion dollar deficits for the foreseeable future.  There is no evidence that Trump's cutting environmental regulations had any measurable impact on the economy or on the shale oil and gas industries, which were doing very well during the Obama Presidency.

Those are FACTS, bro.

14 minutes ago, DEKEM said:

tell china that.  I doubt they will listen to you.  china won't listen to reason.  they think everything that was ever owned by their ancestors is rightfully theirs now.  it reminds me of how the ottoman empire thought back when they existed.  do you know where the ottoman empire is now?  ottoman empire lasted from 1299 to 1922.  they don't exist now.  erdogan for the last decade and more has been pushing for the rebirth of the ottoman empire.  an empire that believed it's purpose is to wage war against all non-muslims until they submit to islam. not joking.  look it up.  all you need to know the history of what happened is to look it up on the internet.  man, I love the internet.

So you found Info Wars have you? 

15 minutes ago, DEKEM said:

"all you need to know the history of what happened is to look it up on the internet.  man, I love the internet"

chickenbluesky.jpg

And welcome back. That was quick.

Archived