Immigration run TM 30 workshop for executives at Oriental Residence

rooster59

Immigration run TM 30 workshop for executives at Oriental Residence

435270.jpg

Image: Naew Na

Immigration officers under the leadership of Pol Maj-Gen Padiphat Suban Na Ayuthaya ran a workshop for executives and other staff at the Oriental Residence in Witthayu Road (Wireless Road) on Thursday. 

The workshop was to explain the law and procedures connected to reporting foreigners under the 1979 TM 30 laws. 

The staff were told about having to report foreigners within the 24 hours stipulated in the regulations.

Naew Na reported that house owners can be fined up to 2,000 baht for failing to do so but hotels face fines of between 2,000 baht and 10,000 baht for failing to comply. 

Pol Maj-Gen Padiphat was a guest speaker at a recent Foreign Correspondents Club meeting regarding TM 30 held last week.

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-24

"Naew Na reported that house owners can be fined up to 2,000 baht" - didn't report that, in practice, anyone can be fined who turns up at an immigration office wanting something done.

The bigger problem is the lack of ease of reporting for individuals (waiting for passwords, providing documents not in their custody, enduring long queues at imm offices).

2 hours ago, vadid said:

Wouldn't it be better if they spent their time coming up with a procedure which did not require them sending three of their staff to explain the current mess to the Oriental Residence?

Whose mess??? LOL

Interesting about hotels facing fines too. I stayed at six places in N. Thailand recently and only one (a guesthouse in Phayao) took my passport, made a photocopy of it and clearly did the paperwork. The others (including a National Park) were happy to check us in using only my partner's ID card - presumably preferring to pretend I didn't exist to save themselves work. I didn't press them to do it, assuming it was entirely their responsibility. In the light of all this new publicity, I suppose I had better make them do it in future.

11 minutes ago, JamesBlond said:

Interesting about hotels facing fines too. I stayed at six places in N. Thailand recently and only one (a guesthouse in Phayao) took my passport, made a photocopy of it and clearly did the paperwork. The others (including a National Park) were happy to check us in using only my partner's ID card - presumably preferring to pretend I didn't exist to save themselves work. I didn't press them to do it, assuming it was entirely their responsibility. In the light of all this new publicity, I suppose I had better make them do it in future.

NO!!! I will simply be going away with either the mrs....or a 'gig'...which is usually the case anyway, and they usually do the paperwork. I did it before without thinking about it, now I will simply make a point of it.

5 hours ago, vadid said:

Wouldn't it be better if they spent their time coming up with a procedure which did not require them sending three of their staff to explain the current mess to the Oriental Residence?

Jobs for the boys.... gotta keep employment numbers up!

I respectfully propose that Royal Thai Immigration run a meeting instructing the heads of every immigration office in Thailand that TM 28/30 required reporting of a foreigners address be limited only to:

1. Foreigners entering the Kingdom for the first time

2. Foreigners returning to the Kingdom from a trip outside of the Kingdom

3. A Foreigner changing a permanent address

4. A Foreigner filing a required 90 Day Report of Current Address.

What am I missing in this list?

27 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I respectfully propose that Royal Thai Immigration run a meeting instructing the heads of every immigration office in Thailand that TM 28/30 required reporting of a foreigners address be limited only to:

1. Foreigners entering the Kingdom for the first time

2. Foreigners returning to the Kingdom from a trip outside of the Kingdom

3. A Foreigner changing a permanent address

4. A Foreigner filing a required 90 Day Report of Current Address.

What am I missing in this list?

Hope?

2 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Hope?

Just got my ID and password after many weeks wait and tried to enter my details (on behalf of my wife). Got to the end and copied to their table but have idea if this has been saved in their system so entered again and tried to save and still no feedback. Went to the search facility but couldn't find any of my entries. What exactly is it that confirms I have successfully submitted my TM30?

And were all the immigration boys giving the class,  treated to lavish free lunch after the session ? ? ?

I recall some time back at the Shangri-La in Bangkok, every morning there was a chap in a uniform, overloaded with medals, who was taking his breakfast at the buffet restaurant with an assistant in uniform. Obviously a top brass. Never saw the chaps pay the bill or even sign a paper after their food, which was obviously for free ? ? ? ?

Just got my ID and password after many weeks wait and tried to enter my details (on behalf of my wife). Got to the end and copied to their table but have idea if this has been saved in their system so entered again and tried to save and still no feedback. Went to the search facility but couldn't find any of my entries. What exactly is it that confirms I have successfully submitted my TM30?

You fill all your details to the form then press the blue (?) button to transfer to the table below.
Then save via the button top right ( looks like a floppy disc ).

There’s no notification but if you go back in and search you should find your entry, worked for me yesterday.

They have a lot more places to go-they will need more like 3000 people, and good luck getting the he owners to do this for more than a month.  They were going to stop speeding with cameras, now there are hundreds of thousands of unpaid tickets...and the burning, and the trash dumping, and the motorbikes on sidewalks...blah blah blah 

Archived