Nails on the road causing trouble for motorcyclists in Khon Kaen

rooster59

Nails on the road causing trouble for motorcyclists in Khon Kaen

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU3NC83ODc0NTU4L25ld3Byb2plY3QoMikuanBn.jpg

Caption: What do they want?

Reporters from Sanook went to Khon Kaen to investigate after nails keep appearing on the road between Ban Thum and Sawathee sub-districts. 

At least ten motorcycles have needed completely new tires in the last couple of months.

Phansak Khamya, 31, said that one day he collected two whole handfuls of new nails.

By next day another man had found a load more. It is not considered likely that they got there by accident.

The local Phu Yai Ban (village leader) believes that either local youths are causing mischief or repair shops in the area are trying to drum up custom by spreading nails on the hard shoulder. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-24

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The local Phu Yai Ban (village leader) believes that either local youths are causing mischief or repair shops in the area are trying to drum up custom by spreading nails on the hard shoulder. 

Both wouldn't surprise me !

I don't think it is the young people because who ever it is, is only putting them on the hard shoulder. I think if it was the young ones they would put them all over the road, but I think it is someone who is singling out the motorbikes.

If memory serves me well, ( which is a hit and miss affair ), I remember a couple of years ago that a man and his wife who owned a repair shop were prosecuted after admitting scattering nails on the road. Their biggest mistake was doing it too close to their shop......:biggrin:

Archived