TM30: Where to start? How to do it?

Apologies for another tM30 thread, but even after everything that's been around the last month but it's still unclear how to start this.

I have a Non-Immigrant B visa one year with multiple entries (issued in June), work permit and I have a registered Thai business. (At no point during the visa, work permit or business registration was TM30 ever mentioned.)

Anyway, the 90 day stay on the multiple entry visa comes to end on Sept 16, which means I'll have to leave Thailand and return via BKK or DMK airports or alternatively via one of the land / boat entries. 

The place where I stay has a rental contract in the girlfriend's name. So the landlord / owner hasn't submitted any registration documents or informed immigration about a foreigner staying here.

What's the first step? The owner registering?

Should I go with them to Chang Wattana?

Can they do it online?

After the owner registered, what do I need to do?

How can I fill out the TM30 form?

When does it need to be done? Before or after leaving Thailand?

Where do I take it?

Finally, having never done one before, what fine can I expect? Is there any mitigation?

Thanks 

RandolphGB: Personally, I would not worry about submitting one until after your trip for your 90 day border bounce. I had not done any TM30's or TM28's for the past 2+ yrs, but since I am considering a 60 day extension to my 'last' 90 day border bounce (done the day before the "Enter By Date") I decided I should do one (Pathum Thani Immigration).

I downloaded both forms from the CW immigration website and prepared them on the computer.  I live in the house that I purchased for my wife so it was simple for me. She signed the TM30 form, a copy of her Thai ID and a copy of her House book. You'll need a little more since your GF is renting. (hopefully you'll figure that out from all the other TM30 postings or someone else will explain it to you under this post). They will also want a copy of your passport (picture and info page), copy of you Non-Im B and a copy of you TM6 with Immigration stamps (that can be 2 photos, but I was able to combine it into one). I handed them my TM28 with all the previous mentioned passport copies. (easy, peasy).

There was nothing said about the lack of TM30s from the past. The IO gave me my receipt and told me "Thank You".

OP, it appears you dont visit immigration for 90 day reports or extensions so there wont be any situation where you will be asked for a TM30 receipt.

If you are due a visit to immigration at some point, just do a TM30 prior to that visit, your GF could do the report as possessor showing lease document and copy of bluebook etc.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 2

On 8/24/2019 at 12:18 PM, RandolphGB said:

Do you understand what the point of an online forum is?

Just cos your lazy. Yes we do understand but years later its the same questions every day. Some also answer wrong cos they not sure or think it funny. So if gf or bar girl can phone for you to get the right story. My wife does mine

• Sad 1

I need some help filing out the online registration form.

In the 2 images below what do I put for "accommodation name" and  "register at".

Also I assume some documents need to be attached, as Iam the  house possessor would that be a copy of my passport and lease or does the house book need to be attached as well ?

69363608_10157013821147740_4305920055310

69409360_10157013821157740_6306191087899

43 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

what do I put for "accommodation name"

Whatever the place you stay at is called (if it has a name - bear in mind the system was set up for hotels) so "Green Gables", "Buckingham Palace", whatever. If no name, people have just been putting "House", "Condo" from other reports.

45 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

"register at"

I "think" it auto fills based on the address.

45 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I need some help filing out the online registration form.

In the 2 images below what do I put for "accommodation name" and  "register at".

Also I assume some documents need to be attached, as Iam the  house possessor would that be a copy of my passport and lease or does the house book need to be attached as well ?

69363608_10157013821147740_4305920055310

69409360_10157013821157740_6306191087899

Accommodation name is the name of the property if it has one, Acme condos etc. Just put house or house number otherwise. Whatever you write will be top of the screen when you log in later.

"Register at" will be a pull down menu after you put data in fields above. Once you enter an address, choices of local immi office will be in "register at". many of the fields will only populate with choices after filling previous data.

7 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Whatever the place you stay at is called (if it has a name - bear in mind the system was set up for hotels) so "Green Gables", "Buckingham Palace", whatever. If no name, people have just been putting "House", "Condo" from other reports.

I "think" it auto fills based on the address.

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Accommodation name is the name of the property if it has one, Acme condos etc. Just put house or house number otherwise. Whatever you write will be top of the screen when you log in later.

"Register at" will be a pull down menu after you put data in fields above. Once you enter an address, choices of local immi office will be in "register at". many of the fields will only populate with choices after filling previous data.

Thanks, it does indeed autofill once I put the adress in.

What supporting documents are needed to complete the online registration ?

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Thanks, it does indeed autofill once I put the adress in.

What supporting documents are needed to complete the online registration ?

It should tell you after all data is entered, a red banner comes up, usually bluebook or chanote and ID.

Again, its dependant on previous data entered. if you choose owner it will ask for chanote, if you choose possessor it maybe asks for lease etc

Edited by Peterw42

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

It should tell you after all data is entered, a red banner comes up, usually bluebook or chanote and ID.

Again, its dependant on previous data entered. if you choose owner it will ask for chanote, if you choose possessor it maybe asks for lease etc

Ive listed myself as possesor it is asking for

" Document(s) submitted as proof of identity the location such as house registration, copy of Land Title Deed or Land Sale Contract ".

Hopefully my landlord will give me those documents though if this has potential for tax implications for them they may not be will as Iam 100% sure the rent is not declared.....

Such a pain in the <deleted> all this so I can get a residency certificate cause my work permit does not have an address listed on it.

7 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Ive listed myself as possesor it is asking for

" Document(s) submitted as proof of identity the location such as house registration, copy of Land Title Deed or Land Sale Contract ".

Hopefully my landlord will give me those documents though if this has potential for tax implications for them they may not be will as Iam 100% sure the rent is not declared.....

Such a pain in the <deleted> all this so I can get a residency certificate cause my work permit does not have an address listed on it.

I doubt immigration is sending off information to the Tax office, nobody is asking how much rent etc. Even if there are tax issues, the owner isnt avoiding them by not giving docs to you, you are still telling them the address and you are renting.

If you can get a copy of bluebook great, but otherwise just send lease and your passport as ID, others have reported success sending only those items.

I just moved to Samui from another province and I need to do a TM30 Monday but the landlord is out of the country and has promised to email me their ID and housebook copy and a rental contract but have not and my gut tells me may not. I don't have to do a 90 report until October. Should I wait out the landlord until my 90 day report day deadline or should I go to immigration and blame this all on the landlord on Monday? 

9 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, it appears you dont visit immigration for 90 day reports or extensions so there wont be any situation where you will be asked for a TM30 receipt.

If you are due a visit to immigration at some point, just do a TM30 prior to that visit, your GF could do the report as possessor showing lease document and copy of bluebook etc.

Yes, this seems to be the case. The next point at which the visa will be renewed is about nine months. But there are the 90 day exit stamps. And there's so much confusion and misinformation that I'm under the impression that airport immigration will ask for TM30. There's also no clear and concise instructions on what to do.

• Will immigration at Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang ask for a copy of TM30?
  • After the landlord has made the initial TM30 filing, is it then the foreigners responsibility to file a TM30 each time they move outside their home region
  • How and where do we do this?

20 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

Will immigration at Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang ask for a copy of TM30?

No.

After the landlord has made the initial TM30 filing, is it then the foreigners responsibility to file a TM30 each time they move outside their home region

No, it's the responsibility of the place you stay.

If you are sure they lodged a TM30 it "might" be wise to report when you get back to your normal place of abode (landlords responsibility mainly but personally, I'd get sorted to do it myself if I was worried about it) but again, if not going to have to deal with Immi no big deal (unlikely to get caught in a raid and if you do a paltry fine). Also depends on where you are and if your local Immi is currently enforcing or not (just looked back and yours is CW so it is enforcing them).

How and where do we do this?

• Grab the app and get set up (link posted multiple times on here, do a quick search)
  • Get set up on the website (link posted multiple times on here, do a quick search)
  • Send it by mail (again, do a quick search, link to form and explanation of process has been posted from memory)
  • Do it in person at your local Immi

From what you've stated on here, personally I wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like you're in and out often enough to not see much of CW. If you need to go for an extension or whatever, just get a TM30 sorted before you go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jimn said:

Dont worry about it until asked. Far too much nonsense posted about it here on TV. I know loads of people over here and not one of them knows what a TM30 is, let alone completing one. 

I agree and neither do immigration in different parts of the country they have their own interpretation.  

BKK post did a clarification story on the TM30 debate and it included all farangs including those on retirement visas. My wife just been to Kap Choeng (Surin) immigration and they said because I’m on retirement visa no need. Contradicting everything we are reading on TV. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, paul545 said:

I agree and neither do immigration in different parts of the country they have their own interpretation.  

BKK post did a clarification story on the TM30 debate and it included all farangs including those on retirement visas. My wife just been to Kap Choeng (Surin) immigration and they said because I’m on retirement visa no need. Contradicting everything we are reading on TV. 

It's actually really simple. The police order says that EVERY foreigner has to be reported. The only exception are foreigners with Permanent Resident Visa. In some provinces you don't have to report after coming back from another province, and are staying at the same address. You just wait for next 90 days report. In other provinces and in BKK you need to submit the TM30 within 24 hours after coming back. When coming back from abroad you're also by law required to submit a new TM30 within 24 hours because you have a new Departure Card (TM6). In many Immigration offices you can't apply for an extension if you haven't done the TM30, and you can't do the 90 days report. The same rules doesn't apply in every province even if they should,and that's very annoying. People need to know how it works in their province. 

Agree with all of the posters saying only do a TM30 if you need to do something else at Immigration.

I did my yearly extension last monday so flew into Thailand on the Thursday before, went to see an agent Friday morning, handed over copy of lease, my passport & 2,000 THB and they did it for me, no questions/comments about not doing a TM30 previously (I'm in & out of Thailand an average of 3 times every 2 months so should have done dozens of them by now).

CW isn't the easiest place to get to, 30-40 mins on the BTS to Mo Chit (from On Nut), then a 20-30 min taxi ride, so the 2,000 THB was money well spent in my book.

18 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Agree with all of the posters saying only do a TM30 if you need to do something else at Immigration.

I did my yearly extension last monday so flew into Thailand on the Thursday before, went to see an agent Friday morning, handed over copy of lease, my passport & 2,000 THB and they did it for me, no questions/comments about not doing a TM30 previously (I'm in & out of Thailand an average of 3 times every 2 months so should have done dozens of them by now).

CW isn't the easiest place to get to, 30-40 mins on the BTS to Mo Chit (from On Nut), then a 20-30 min taxi ride, so the 2,000 THB was money well spent in my book.

Yeah, CW can be a pain in the ass most of the time, even if you stay closer. 

On 8/24/2019 at 10:29 AM, RandolphGB said:

After the owner registered, what do I need to do?

How can I fill out the TM30 form?

When does it need to be done? Before or after leaving Thailand?

Where do I take it?

As, I understand it, you don't need to do anything. The TM30 is a form which the landlord or hotel is required to complete. It is not the responsibility of the tenant. The problems come about if the landlord or hotel does not complete the TM30 and the tenant subsequently goes to immigration to, say, extend a visa. If there is an outstanding fine for not completing the TM30, then the immigration office will not process your extension until the fine is paid. So the tenant ends up having to pay the fine. There is a good summary of the whole thing here

Edited by Exploring Thailand

14 minutes ago, Exploring Thailand said:

As, I understand it, you don't need to do anything. The TM30 is a form which the landlord or hotel is required to complete. It is not the responsibility of the tenant. The problems come about if the landlord or hotel does not complete the TM30 and the tenant subsequently goes to immigration to, say, extend a visa. If there is an outstanding fine for not completing the TM30, then the immigration office will not process your extension until the fine is paid. So the tenant ends up having to pay the fine. There is a good summary of the whole thing here

Even shorter version: As a tourist, no TM30. It's not your responsibility.

As an expat: You officially needs to do it because of 90 days reports and 1 year extensions. If you have a Permanent Resident Visa,then your excluded.

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Even shorter version: As a tourist, no TM30. It's not your responsibility.

As an expat: You officially needs to do it because of 90 days reports and 1 year extensions. If you have a Permanent Resident Visa,then your excluded.

Even as an expat, I don't think it is your responsibility. It's always the responsibility of the property owner. If they don't do it they are fined. The problems come about when they don't do it and/or don't pay the fine.

1 hour ago, Exploring Thailand said:

Even as an expat, I don't think it is your responsibility. It's always the responsibility of the property owner. If they don't do it they are fined. The problems come about when they don't do it and/or don't pay the fin

No, it's actually my responsibility to see that the TM30 is submitted by someone. In a perfect world the owner or housemaster should do it.

Then there's the possessor,and that can be me as the tenant. But it's not a perfect world. It doesn't help me a bit that the owner/housemaster for some reason didn't submit the TM30,and I didn't know about it. When you go to the Immigration office for your first 1 year extension, they might ask you to clear the TM30 first. They punch in your passport number/TM6 number in the computer and discover that your're not registered. So,what do you do? Call the owner? Call the housemaster? You might be lucky or you might be not. You need the extension so sometimes it's easier to pay the fine, 1600 baht (at Jomtien Immigration) get the receipt for the fine and then try to get the money back from the person who should have done it.

For me it worked out, I could deduct 1600 baht from my next rent. For most of the people it doesn't work out. Don't read every post about who's supposed to do it and why. Live in the real world. When I changed condo I did the TM30 myself as the possessor. It didn't cost anything and it took about 15 min to do it + some copies of this and that. If I travel in Thailand, I don't give a s**t if the hotel or guesthouse report me or not. If I leave the country I will do it myself when I come back. 

Edited by Max69xl
typo