Educate me on O-visa by marriage

I want to become educated on this visa as I'm interested in marrying my gf in a couple of years and want to know how the visa situation works and my friend would like to know aswell. I have read on here before and is this correct? I'm US nationality, and my friend is from Netherlands and might want to marry his thai gf in the future.

1. If you dont have 400k in a thai bank, then you can go to the thai embassy in Savannakhet and get a O-visa multi entry and this lasts a year, and you'd have to border run every 2 months (3 if you extend it everytime at the immigration office in thailand)

2. If you have 400k and you're on an O-visa you can just go to immigration office and extend it by a year, and never have to border run for a whole year

3. You can teach english on an O-visa and not have to worry about visa problems if you quit the job for another job, basically the O-visa makes it so much easier than being on a business visa because you dont have a week to leave the country if you quit

Edited by prevaill

15 minutes ago, fourpack said:

90 day or go to immigration with wife and get a 60 day extension based on visiting wife. So 5 months then border hop

Yes with all relevant paper work in order

Still have to do a 90 day report at immigration.

Yes you can get a WP on a non O based on marriage. And if you stop working your visa is secure.

do you do a 90 day report if youre border running every 5 months with the visa extension? also is it true that if youre on a muli entry O visa, and you border run alot, that you wont have any trouble getting into the country, like how sometimes people who constantly border run on tourist visa might get denied entry? is there a website you can do the 90 day reports easily? Is savankhet the only place you can get the O-visa multi entry w/o financial proof of 400k?

Edited by prevaill

3 hours ago, prevaill said:

do you do a 90 day report if youre border running every 5 months with the visa extension? also is it true that if youre on a muli entry O visa, and you border run alot, that you wont have any trouble getting into the country, like how sometimes people who constantly border run on tourist visa might get denied entry? is there a website you can do the 90 day reports easily? Is savankhet the only place you can get the O-visa multi entry w/o financial proof of 400k?

I have never had a problem re-entering Thailand, but I always do it every 90 days, except when I leave Thailand for a holiday.  Savannakhet and Saigon (HCMC) are the two options for a Non O without financials.

18 hours ago, kanook said:

I have never had a problem re-entering Thailand, but I always do it every 90 days, except when I leave Thailand for a holiday.  Savannakhet and Saigon (HCMC) are the two options for a Non O without financials.

ok, and other embassies require 400k in your bank just to get the O-visa multi entry? if not, how much do they ask to see in your bank?