Current queues at Swampy?

airportq

6 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

I hunted out the "senior" gate, but in true Swampy style there was no-one manning it. What a pathetic excuse for a modern airport ????

If you think swampy is bad try going to just about any australian airport , you will be faced with a very long wait.

10 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

I hunted out the "senior" gate, but in true Swampy style there was no-one manning it. What a pathetic excuse for a modern airport ????

There is no specific senior gate. It is fasttrack in general which is always open. Never seen a closed one ever.

I left Swampy on Friday about 9am and the line was freakin' insane. Backed up all the way up from downstairs to the security check. I'd say about 1/3rd of the desks were not open and those open were at typical Thai Speed (half of normal speed). For the life of me I can't understand why this is such a complicated process, unless you overstay it should take 30 seconds or less to get stamped through. 

And they were not using the biometrics.

1 hour ago, phkauf said:

I left Swampy on Friday about 9am and the line was freakin' insane. Backed up all the way up from downstairs to the security check. I'd say about 1/3rd of the desks were not open and those open were at typical Thai Speed (half of normal speed). For the life of me I can't understand why this is such a complicated process, unless you overstay it should take 30 seconds or less to get stamped through. 

I can never understand the reason for going through Immigration when leaving apart from catching a few overstayers. In the 5 years I have never seen anyone get pulled well apart from me 1 day, I wasn’t fined.

i have flown out of the majority of airports in the U.K. including Heathrow and Gatwick with my Thai partner and never had too go through Immigration.

Why don’t they just do random checks ?

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I can never understand the reason for going through Immigration when leaving apart from catching a few overstayers. In the 5 years I have never seen anyone get pulled well apart from me 1 day, I wasn’t fined.

i have flown out of the majority of airports in the U.K. including Heathrow and Gatwick with my Thai partner and never had too go through Immigration.

Why don’t they just do random checks ?

$$$$$$$ They can collect 20 k from just one. Greed is hardwired in their DNA

4 hours ago, phkauf said:

Did you go the security/immigration in the middle or the ones on the far right?

3 hours ago, airportq said:

Did you go the security/immigration in the middle or the ones on the far right?

The middle one, it was closest to where I checked in. In the past the one on the far right hasn't been as bad. Note to self for the future.

Archived