Exact return date after completing retirement extension of stay.

Hi All 

Would anyone be able to confirm if I have to return to jomtien immigration on the exact day stamped on the letter (the 3 months after I completed my annual retirement extension of stay) 

Unfortunately I have something planned that day, could go in the day before or 2 days after. 

Anyone have any experience of this? 

This is the proof that I still have the 800,000 in the bank account. 

Thank you for your help 

25 minutes ago, ketherin said:

DrJack54.... 

Do you know anyone who has successfully done this? 

Thanks mate appreciate it 

I'm just repeating similar advice from experts on TVF. The fact is there are many reasons that someone could not be available. For example illness or being out of the country which is distinct possibility for people that travel a lot etc. 

Most imm office do not require this stupid show of bankbook after 3 months. Jomtien needs kick up the ...

The funds in bank can be checked at the time of next extension. Thats what CW and most offices are doing. Hopefully someone who deals with Jomtien office and had similar problem will put your mind at ease.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm just repeating similar advice from experts on TVF. The fact is there are many reasons that someone could not be available. For example illness or being out of the country which is distinct possibility for people that travel a lot etc. 

Most imm office do not require this stupid show of bankbook after 3 months. Jomtien needs kick up the ...

The funds in bank can be checked at the time of next extension. Thats what CW and most offices are doing. Hopefully someone who deals with Jomtien office and had similar problem will put your mind at ease.

DrJack54. 

Thank you for your help ????????

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The funds in bank can be checked at the time of next extension. 

Maybe Jomtien are on a bonus if they can find a reason to kick out a falang before having to wait a whole year?  :1zgarz5:  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, phetchy said:

Maybe Jomtien are on a bonus if they can find a reason to kick out a falang before having to wait a whole year?  :1zgarz5:  

Fact is if someone dipped below the 800k post 3 month period or below the subsequent 400k after that they would simply not apply for their next extension. Reason being that it would be denied. 

Jomtien is completely out of line. 

As far as I am aware you can do it 7 days before or 7 days after . I tend to have my reporting on a Saturday or Sunday and knowing that Fridays and Mondays tend to be the busiest days I tend to go on the Tuesday which means I can be in and out in 20 minutes in 13 years the IO has been happy to give me my next reporting date.

57 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

What do people do if they have obtained their Retirement Visa using an Agent because they don’t have the funds ?

You ONLY have to report with the updated bank balance if you have been given a letter when you renewed your retirement extension.  To date I have not heard of anyone who uses an agent being given sich a letter.  No letter = no requirement to report back.

How they will fare next renewal if a year's worth of bank statements are required we do not know. But if they use an Agent again, then I foresee this will also be questly ignored.

P

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

What do people do if they have obtained their Retirement Visa using an Agent because they don’t have the funds ?

They worry that they'll never again be able to get an extension of stay (not a visa) without using the agent.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The more I read and hear, Jomtien seems to be the ONLY office that has come up with this crazy rule.

On 8/24/2019 at 3:12 PM, DrJack54 said:

Just go day prior or day after. Any problems tell em you were ill.

I would suggest the day after as the day before is not a full 90 days - I recall reading (but not where) someone posting that they went just before the due date and were told to come back the next day.  To my knowledge, Jomtien is the only Immigration office requiring folks using 800k in bank method to return and show their bank book to prove they haven't taken the funds out within the 90 day period.  While most Immigration offices will simple check when the person goes in for their next renewal, with likelihood their next extension will be denied.  I imagine at Pattaya Immigration if you come in and your bank book shows the balance dropped below 800k within the 90 days, they most likely would cancel your extension and give you the usual 7 days to pack up and get out.  But since Pattaya is the only one doing this, the question arises do they have any means to track whether someone reports as they require or not.