German man in Pattaya seriously injured after being attacked by an elephant

Jonathan Fairfield

19 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

He was warned and ignored the warning? I do not understand your response.

So if your neighbour buys a pit bull and tells you it's dangerous so you're not to walk past his house anymore, you're OK with that?

No, it's up to people who own dangerous animals to keep them safely locked away or destroy them.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

So if your neighbour buys a pit bull and tells you it's dangerous so you're not to walk past his house anymore, you're OK with that?

No, it's up to people who own dangerous animals to keep them safely locked away or destroy them.

Nope, as the owner is responsible for his domestic pet ... while calling on law enforcement to explain the law to the owner, I will also be careful not to challenge the animal. Equating a domestic pet with an elephant is a bit of a reach, don’t you think?

On 8/24/2019 at 6:06 PM, Myran said:

What? A huge and obviously potentially dangerous elephant is by the road, and you're saying it makes sense that the German guy didn't listen to the warnings of other people because "he cycles down that soi every day"?

That's got to be the most brain dead reasoning I've read all week.

Wow, what a clever comment!!! Did you thought about that the advice maybe was in Thai, because this is Thailand and the most elephant caretaker speak only THAI and maybe a little bit english but for sure not german??? 

Looks like your comment is a bit brain dead if you don't know what the german understand.

Did ou ever try to talk to a driving bicycle rider and checked out what him/she had understand?

I believe this ia again just a poor excuse that the let run a wild dangerous elephant in public land and thez not want pay the bill. 

11 hours ago, snowgard said:

Wow, what a clever comment!!! Did you thought about that the advice maybe was in Thai, because this is Thailand and the most elephant caretaker speak only THAI and maybe a little bit english but for sure not german??? 

Looks like your comment is a bit brain dead if you don't know what the german understand.

Did ou ever try to talk to a driving bicycle rider and checked out what him/she had understand?

I believe this ia again just a poor excuse that the let run a wild dangerous elephant in public land and thez not want pay the bill. 

Hahaha. That's it, buddy, dig yourself even deeper.

It is clear by reading the text (that is, if you possess at least a basic level of reading comprehension), that the elephant had already been spotted by everyone involved, and that the German was advised to leave the area.

"The elephant then became more distressed and charged"

Go take an English class or two, since you obviously have difficulties in understanding it.

3 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

"The elephant had recently been brought to Pattaya to perform for tourists"- why do they STILL do this??????

I hope the background of this animal has a full provenance too.

Did not graduate from the Ms Prism school of etiquette it appears 

On 8/24/2019 at 4:37 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

They have been involved with humans for over a thousand years. 

What are we meant to infer from that?

Your time period is too vague and you don't really know how long?

Humans are adept at torturing elephants?

Because we've been abusing elephants for a long time, elephants should be better behaved?

Because we've been abusing elephants for a long time, elephants should be used to it?

Elephants should have set up an embassy by now?

it doesn't matter how badly reported the incident is, it still raises the issues surrounding the abuse of elephants for the benefit of tourism. Even if this story was apocryphal, it negates nothing; there are plenty of other well reported instances that support criticism of the current situation

Archived