Cold meatballs at Subway

Nemises

I went to my first ever Thai Subway the other day and ordered the meatballs with my foot long. Back in farang land the meatballs are kept in a heated container so was horrified when I bit into the cold meatballs. Just wondering if others have also experienced this “joy” in LoS?

Meatballs should be kept warm. Typically stored in container at the far right of the counter when you order a sandwich. Maybe you arrived at the store just after they had opened.

Rather than cry about the incident, you should have "manned-up" and say something to the manager.

Thankfully never been served the meatballs cold from subway. Nothing surprises me though after being given cold baked beans straight out the can for a full English breakfast and yes it was sent back with a try harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

More than a decade ago I can remember buying a sandwich at Subway in Bangkok (with a slight hangover), I walked outside and took a bite. Spat it out and chucked the thing in the trash because it was slathered in some kind of white mayonnaise type sauce, when I specifically told them NO MAYO. Have had some great Subway sandwiches in the US and UK, but will never buy one in Thailand ever again.

But cold meatballs? I guess I could still eat that. Most Thai people don't seem to care if their food is hot or cold anyways. My wife sends me out in the morning to buy her gwai teow and she eats it cold an hour or so later.

6 minutes ago, SteveK said:

More than a decade ago I can remember buying a sandwich at Subway in Bangkok (with a slight hangover), I walked outside and took a bite. Spat it out and chucked the thing in the trash because it was slathered in some kind of white mayonnaise type sauce, when I specifically told them NO MAYO. Have had some great Subway sandwiches in the US and UK, but will never buy one in Thailand ever again.

I have never been to a Subway where anything was added to the sandwich unless I asked for it. Perhaps instead of saying "NO MAYO' (did you really shout this out like a <deleted>?), you should have kept your mouth closed.

2 minutes ago, Gumballl said:

I have never been to a Subway where anything was added to the sandwich unless I asked for it. Perhaps instead of saying "NO MAYO' (did you really shout this out like a <deleted>?), you should have kept your mouth closed.

I politely asked for no mayo and did not request any sauce. Thanks for your input.

Meatballs should be kept warm....

Yes, back “home” of course they are kept warm and no, the shop hadn’t just opened.

The question I’m asking is: are they supposed to be kept warm IN THAILAND?

Thanks for replies thus far, but as asked in the OP, am hopeful someone who has ordered this particular Subway sandwich IN THAILAND can assist with their experience.

Yes they are supposed to be kept warm in Thailand’s Subways. There is usually a website link on the receipt where you can review and grade your experience at that particular branch and get a free cookie with your next order.

Cold meatballs are unacceptable and you should have complained once discovered.

Thanks for answering my question regarding what’s expected in Thailand.

Regarding the other off-topic issue of complaining. I can now carry out my original intended plan of complaint with more confidence, now that I’ve ascertained that the Thai shop was at fault.

Archived