BANGKOK
rooster59

Video: What happened to a tour bus at a U-turn in Nan

Video: What happened to a tour bus at a U-turn in Nan

562000008287002.jpg

Image: Manager

Dash cam footage at a U-turn in Nan on Wednesday evening showed a white pick-up go into a tour bus that was trying to make a U-turn. 

The tour bus went over the central reservation, demolished a road sign and side swiped a black pick-up on the other side of the road before stopping about 100 meters down the road. 

The driver of the tour bus said that he had left the garage and was doing a U-turn to go and pick up passengers for the 7 pm service to Bangkok. 

He said he waited in the left most lane until he got the light in his favor then started the maneuver.

But the pick-up went into him causing him to lose control. 

The driver of the black pick-up said it all happened very quickly and he was lucky that the quick actions of the tour bus driver meant he did not suffer serious injury. 

Police are trying to get to the bottom of what happened and took alcohol readings of all concerned.

Source: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-24

well I lived in Australia for 43 years and I never seen a U-turn anywhere yes the are small ones for

cars to turn but never on main roads

• Thanks 2

U-turns here are the bane of every driver, and are the point at which many accidents, quite as one would expect, do happen. I see loads of places where the design of the road allows for say traffic lights at an intersection, and where it would be easy enough to add turn control (there is such a system at one intersection not far from my home), but where the police have decided to block off the entire intersection, forcing drivers to travel along the main road, sometimes for a couple of kilometres, and do a U-turn in order to get to the side they wish to be on... it is insane, but this is done in so many places that it is just adding to the traffic along the main road for no reason at all.

i think i have to agree on the comment of U-turns,

its the <deleted> that scared me off sukumvit.

i cant handle the stress when they all of a sudden cut me off and cross all 3 lanes to get to the left side while still at low speed

• Like 2

I am having problems understanding this. Can someone please explain how the physics work here.....A big tour bus was just pulling away from the left kerb to do a u-turn when a much smaller, lighter pick up hits the bus. The bus then mounts the central reservation, crosses it, careers 100 metres down the road, and hits another vehicle......:whistling:

• Like 2

I also struggle to see how the black Vios just sat there while a bus plowed into him. If I had that bus coming at me after seeing that crash I'd be straight into gear.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I also struggle to see how the black Vios just sat there while a bus plowed into him. If I had that bus coming at me after seeing that crash I'd be straight into gear.

He wanted to be on TV.

• Haha 2

Very strange indeed, tour busses drivers are never guilty!