Re-entry to Thailand Questioned

8 hours ago, Kerouacaurus said:

Thanks for all this, I appreciate that your comment is up to the point. I will definitely do a new one, but I'd really need some time before I can actually get it due to a lot of personal circumstances. Do you by chance know what happens if you get denied, how long should you wait to re-enter?

I cant imagine travelling anywhere with cash hard currency, dollars, euros  pound whatever just in case their is a bank card problem

2 hours ago, lkv said:

The only reason some still stay here is because of ties (wife/gf/kids).

So what if the beer costs a bit more elsewhere? (Not that it's that cheap in Thailand anymore).

You drink a bit less beer or you buy from supermarket sometimes, if you really can't afford to go out every time.

Isn't that better than being molested for passport checks outside of that Thai bar with perceived cheap beer, using national security concerns as an excuse, and making you feel like a black sheep?

Never mind airport troubles and visas, I'm talking about TM30's and the police state Thailand has become (checks everywhere etc).

Absolutely correct!  Thailand is definitely NOT the easy place to stay; hang out for 30 days, sure, but longer NO way.  You can buy Realestate only to find the entire investment become a loss.  Can't rent without experiencing immigration hell, or you get locked out because of immigration. Either way, it's nearly or entirely an impossible long term venture.  As for the wife/kids, take them to your country or another country.  Isn't that possible?  

They should have refused you entry. How incompetent of that senior officer. Your history of long-term ins-outs and your claimed shock over the issue of having been questioned about staying "3 months 10 days within a 7 month period" is mindbogglingly arrogant. 

I hope that next entry will lead to a far greater level of scrutiny. 

10 hours ago, SteveK said:

Rubbish. Many people met their Thai wives on tourist visas.

But when they return subsequent times as married men is the situation.

The OP was negligent on the terms of his Visa Exempt and failed to have money or onward ticket. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SteveK said:

Rubbish. Many people met their Thai wives on tourist visas.

I'm wondering how many 50+ years old tourists meet their Chinese wife, Greek wife, Swiss wife 30 years younger than themselves in tourist visas in bars. Give me a break. 

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 1

I came here for practical solutions, not quoting me the regulations.

You have a practical solution when the regulations don't allow one.  Don't complain when you don't like the advice.

There is one visa solution for your circumstances.  Get an Elite visa, (although it won't solve your problem of working without a work permit).