Praise for Psyllium Husk - add it to drinks

onlycw

A friend brought me 2 x 200 grams for like 160 THB for both from India.

It does soften stool and returns regularity. Personally, I'm convinced that it also aids i. a boost in one's metabolism and ii. weight loss.

Just sharing - 80% remains what you eat, 20% is the fitness regiment you follow.

Drink before you eat as we often confuse thirst with hunger.

• Thanks 1

aka Sat-i-Sabgol

Take it with yoghurt and it will stop up even the most extreme dysentery.  I learned about it decades ago when living in India.  I cannot exaggerate how much it helped me.

Still comes in the same box with the old-time telephone logo.

I have a Psyllium Husk drink almost every morning.  The fiber is good for the intestines.  It helps healthy bacteria grow and also helps food move through the intestines to keep things clean.  People on a high fiber diet are less likely to develop Diverticulosis.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 8:40 AM, tominbkk said:

right, just a spoon a day with lots of water

I would add the caveat that this should be used as a supplement - this is ADDITIONAL to a good diet, fruits & veggies have loads of fibre. 

Edited by eezergood

• 2 months later...
Just now, ThaiBunny said:

True, and they drink unpasteurised milk laced with blood freshly got from cutting the vein in the cow's neck. Not a diet I think I'll start

You can buy liver and pigs blood easy enough or eat lightly cooked beef.

I used to buy all these high fiber stuff. In hindsight a total waste of money. The benefits seem to be grossly exaggerated by industry funded studies.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 9:16 AM, ThaiBunny said:

True, and they drink unpasteurised milk laced with blood freshly got from cutting the vein in the cow's neck. Not a diet I think I'll start

The low or zero fiber diet sounded disgusting until you mentioned this delicious sounding blood milkshake but I'm afraid I'll have to pass as I'm lactose intolerant.  ????